This is from my website I updated recently, there you will find all my past, current and hidden projects as soon as they are on the internetz.
This is/was my entry into the PSP-Hacks Homebrew Idol 2 contest and has since been updated a few times with newer, better features and bug fixes alike.
Light Cycle 3D is a clone (NOT a port) of the light cycle racing concept from the hit movie Tron. This uses GLtron's models and a few textures. This uses Brick's LTE Lite Mod for rendering. As of v3.0 it supports up to 30 racers at once with 4 different speeds, 4 different grid sizes, 4 different skins come bundled and 2 game types with full mp3 playback support and customizable light cycle component colors.
.:.:.: UPDATE v2.0 :.:.:.
* You can now turn while looking to the side and behind you.
* You can now skip the AI dukin' it out amongst themselves after you die by pressing Select (onscreen instructions say this as well)
* The gameplay now speeds up to 3x the pace after you die to speed things up - enjoy seeing who won in fast-forward.
* The race now starts when I say 'Go!', ready or not!
* Fireworks for the winner! Hazahh!
Bug Fixes & Tweaks:
* Fixed a bug where cycling through your mp3's too fast would cause a crash - it is no more, cycle as fast as you want
* Tweaked the lighting of many things to more illuminate the playing field and tracers/rails.
* Extended the flare trail you leave behind you
* More graphical tweaks here and there (moved the tracers down a bit, etc.)
* Adjusted sound effect levels to balance them with the music level.
* Replaced the name of an AI; it was tasteless, dry humor. I hope those who it upset can forgive me.
.:.:.: UPDATE v2.01 :.:.:.
* The currently playing track-name is now displayed
.:.:.: UPDATE v3.0 :.:.:.
* Now you can race up to 29 opponents! Go nuts, first one to place first out of 30 get's a cookie...
* New variable grid size! Choose from small, normal, large and HUGE!
* New mini-map - toggle it on/off in-game with !
* New type of AI added
* New gametype added - you may now choose from 'Classic' and 'Uber' (more on this later)
* Custom Skin support! Easy-to-use Modular skin system implemented. Read 'Skin.txt' in the folder for instructions. I'd like to thank 0m3GA ARS3NAL for the Virtual Reality skin from MGS I now have bundled with Light Cycle 3D v3.0
* more i'm just forgetting sorry
* Your view will no longer be obstructed by the boundaries, the camera is smoothly bound to the playing field
* 'Uber' AIs bust through other walls using the same 'explosion' sound but at a higher pitch - conservative and a satisfying sound
* Big boy 'recognizer' is now more bad-a$$ looking ^.^
* Speeds have been adjusted, insane is now insane-r
* Updated all the AI to pave the way to unrestricted movement so soon no more 90 degree-only turns
* MP3 Playback was a bit unstable and has been improved
* Updated Brick's LTE Lite Mod to 1.2, i was 2 versions behind! eek.
* lot more i just can't remember it all
* Same as the initial release, there is a graphical bug in the engine (so i've deduced) that mucks with the diffuse color of the model component when it comes time to apply it and render said component (this applies to all models - tracers/rails and light cycles alike)
Gametypes (at the moment 2, but the system is there for more):
* Classic - the good ol' classic tron, race around do your stuff
* Uber - this is a much more difficult game; your enemies are godly in both brains and bronze. They can and will blow through any wall in their way should they have to but only if they have to. Not to mention they are able to take quite a beating as well, but their deaths are spectacular sights with huge effects (what do you expect when a god dies ;p). They are easily distinguishable by their massive light cycles and huge flare trails they leave behind. Don't be intimidated with your little thing (err...) it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.
I challenge anyone to beat 29 enemies in the Uber gametype! who knew chaos was so much fun eh..
Enjoy everyone, and thank you all who voted for me in the PSP-Hacks competition, your support on this as well as any other of my projects is greatly appreciated!
* You can now control the distance on the camera from the cycle with Up and Down on the D-pad
* You can now control the height of the camera from the cycle with the analog stick up and down
* Reset camera distance and height with O while in-game
* 'The Void' by 0m3GA ARS3NAL skin now comes bundled with the game (along with Virtual Reality)
* Tracers/rails are now randomly colored til the main graphical bug is fixed
* Fixed up 'uber' gametype, no longer can you go through walls and walls will destroy properly
* You may now toggle MP3 looping with TRIANGLE in the Pause menu in-game!
* MP3 Playback should be much more stable now (yes finally lol)
* more i just can't remember!
The Void by 0m3GA ARS3NAL
And now onto the stuff you really care about.. yea yea... the eye candy. These are random screens from random versions of Light Cycle 3D.