Nanodesktop is a general purpose software development kit (SDK) oriented to the
creation of applications (scientific or general use) under embedded
platforms like PSPE emulator or PSP (Sony Playstation Portable).
NanoDesktop (English version) - PSPWiki Italia
The new release of Nanodesktop SDK is on Visilab website:
Nanodesktop library - PSP version - Official site
Nanodesktop - Downloads - Official site
The package that contains the SDK is 349 Mb large. I advice you to use
Corona Installer for installation under Windows.
The new Nanodesktop user guide is here:
Nanodesktop - Documentation - Official site
Sirs, Nanodesktop 0.4 is the most complex and advanced
SDK ever released before.
Here, you can find a discussion (in Italy) about the new technologies
that are integrated in Nanodesktop 0.4:
PSP-ITA :: Leggi argomento - [RELEASE] Nanodesktop 0.4 OUT!!!
This is a short list about the new features:
- Support for sprite engine and winsprites (sprites in window) engine
- Support for full screen mode
- Support for desktop objects (now, Nanodesktop has icons on desktop,
like you can see in the Nanodesktop GraphDemo)
- A new memory manager for PSPE
- C code fully optimized
- Hyperfont engine (an engine that uses TrueType fonts everywhere)
- ndPython (a new, revolutionary, Python interpreter compatible with
Nanodesktop; I'll say about it in an other message)
- ndImageMagick (a tool for image manipulations, with hundreds of
functions; Nanodesktop can use ndImageMagick and ndOpenCV,
obtaining a super powerful elaboration system for images;
- ndMotion2D: a scientific software
( Motion2D: a software to estimate 2D parametric motion models),
realized by INRIA (Institut national de recherche en informatique et
automatique) that is able to calculate the 2D motion estimation
- ndSuperRes: a superresolution software, developed by Michael Smith
at Carlenton University. I'll talk about it in another message;
- ndMPEG2Dec: a MPEG2 decoder (still in experimental stage)
- ndOpenCV and ndHighGUI have been fully optimized. The last has been
made thread safe, so you can run several image recognition and artificial
vision jobs in the same moment
- A new microphone API, that is able to emulate any frequency of the
- Ultra-fast memcpy, memset, memcmp, 4x faster than in the previous
- NanoMutex, a simple way to avoid conflicts between threads.
- Various optimizations in the memory management
A want to remember you that Nanodesktop is compatible with C, C++
The Windows users can install it using the Corona Installer, while the
Linux users can use the manual procedure (described in the manual)
or the Nanodesktop Virtual Machine (VMI), a VirtualBox machine where
nd 0.4 is already installed and ready to use.
We're looking for other developers and we hope that other developer
would use this SDK. In the next nd 0.5 I'll add the support for SDL
library (Simple DirectMedia Layer) for ensuring the compatibility with
hundreds of applications and a faster sprite engine.
I hope that the moderators can create a news in home on pspupdate
regarding this release.
Thank you for your attention.