AVEC GPS V5 - Winner of Neoflash 2009 Summer Coding Competition PSP apps Division!!!
This is AVEC GPS V5 release. The AVEC program now has two variations,
both of which are included in the release package.
The 1.50 kernel mode version still connects to serial GPS devices, and as of
AVEC V5, a new User mode version supports the Sony PSP-290 USB GPS device.
There are a fair few other improvements for the V5 release:
Thanks to Greg, admin of psp-hacks.com for donation of funds to pay for my PSP-290 GPS unit.AVEC V5 (15/09/09) :
- Implementation of Deniska's PSP-290 test program routines provides compatibility with the PSP-290.
- Added signal strength indicator to user mode version of the program for PSP-290.
- Added colour cycling circle around pointer crosshair to make it easier to see.
- Improved joystick controlled map rotation feature for track up mode without a GPS device.
- Greatly improved the speed of rotation routine for faster drawing in track up display mode.
- Improved accuracy of screen position by removing zoom levels that cause float rounding error.
This fixed a bug in the find place by name feature where the found place may not have been on the screen.
- Fixed bug in screen capture routine. Saved images were horizontaly offset by one pixel.
- Improved text entry method for find place by name feature by implementing optional analogue selector.
- Fix to projection routines to resolve a problem that caused some lines and polygons to appear squashed
toward the bottom of the screen. This may have added a noticable processing overhead.
Thanks to pc-mobile.net for providing a sample PSP USB extension cable
for remote mounting of PSP USB devices.
Download AVEC GPS V5:
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!