[Release] HomeBrew Sorter GUI beta 4
Yo, here's beta 4
Basically added support for game categories Browser mode and repeated categories (they are merged and you sort homebrew as if they where in the same folder).
The merging is because game categories plugin merges the categories the same way, so this is more convenient for sorting.
All the actual categories are displayed when sorting the categories. If you have repeated categories it would be wise to keep them toguether, I'm not sure which sorting method uses game categories for this case.
Beta 4 changelog:
- Categories with the same name are now merged (just like game categories plugin does).
- Repeated categories are all but the first one found shown by path instead of name when sorting.
- Displays an icon0.png file that can be put inside a category directory (like irShell :p)
- Full support for game categories plugin Browser mode.
- Minor graphic updates.
About Browser mode support:
Browser Mode sorts hombrew from oldest to newest and uses eboot.pbp's date and time. The support for this mode consists on changing that dates so the top list hb will have the oldest date and the bottom list hb the newest. This is an option (disabled by default) because I don't like messing with the eboot.pbp's propierties (the other two modes game categories plugin offers sort from newest to oldest by the folders date propierties).
While enabled, the sorting will be made for both folders and eboot's propierties, so you will have the same sort order in any mode. Keep in mind that Browser mode sorts categories alphabetically, so even if you sort the categories from hbsorter that won't change.
Also, if you already sorted your homebrew and found it didn't work for Browser mode, just enter hbsorter, enable Browser mode and enter each category and save the list.
Original beta 3 post:
_________________________ _________________________ _______________________
I've never used any HB sorter app, but today I finally wanted to and I was very happy to find homebrew sorter GUI beta 2 by Valentin which supported game categories plugin and had a nice GUI.
But with a homebrew count of 100 (max is 500 if anyone wonders) sorting categories was a little...everlasting. Also when it came up with an old 1.50 style homebrew it crashed (trying to load the icon from a data.psar file named eboot.pbp I think).
So I thought: "Man, this is screaming a per category sorting and some fixes". Happily open source is our friend, so now that I have the app to my linking, I'm sharing it with the comunity.
Source included of course
Beta 3 changelog:
- Support for 1.50 hombrew in folder+folder% style. (__SCE__ naming style already supported)
- Added ability to sort homebrew by category. A new menu appears for selecting category to edit.
- Added option "View all" that works as beta 2, but the category name is displayed like "Category: homebrew".
- If there are no categories, View All is automagically run.
- Added check for eboot.pbp file presence (if no eboot.pbp, the folder won't appear).
- Minor graphic changes (including eboot's icon).
Beta 2 changelog:
- Ability to change the order of categories
- Very small changes in the GUI to add the new function
- Visual changes (homebrew / categories) using the L and R buttons
Beta 1 changelog:
- Compatibility with folders
-> ms0: / ISO
-> ms0: / PSP / GAME
-> ms0: / PSP/GAME340
-> ms0: / PSP/GAME352
-> ms0: / PSP/GAME371
-> ms0: / PSP/GAME380
-> ms0: / PSP/GAME4XX
-> ms0: / PSP/GAME5XX
- Compatibility with subfolders CAT_ of the above
- Added GUI written with oslMOD 1.1.0 mod (nn use but since you can fill out my duties with the OSL mod 1.0.1 and 1.1.0)
- Ability to show or not to icon0 of HB (now paragraphs of iso)
- Ability to co move the directional buttons up and down and even with the analog.
- Possibility to save the new order of the HB (But go .. XD)
- Now the date of the file is current, and n most since 2005 (I think or something like that)
Original homebrew sorter by Sakya