[Release] Mobile Assault 1.3
Hi, everyone. Justin and I (the Codetactics team) have just released version 1.3 of Mobile Assault.
The changelist is as follows:
* 3 new missions
* 6 new desert building structures
* A new spy base structure
* Updated mission ending system
* Separate objectives into primary, Secondary and Bonus categories
* In-game Message Log is scrollable and better spaced
* In-game messages are left aligned
* Better explosions and bullet-to-ground particle effects
* New icon
* Alternating (left, right wing) missile fire is now in sync
Under The Hood
* Improved mission scripting
* Browser based mission editor (internal use only for the moment)
Everyone loves screenshots, so here are a few.
If anyone is wondering why such the long wait and such a limited changelist, the reason is that we've been putting a lot of effort into making a browser based mission editor. Basically the process of porting our old c++ scripted missions into the editor, and then fixing all the quirks took a really long time, but we're satisfied that the final design will stand up for quite a few releases.
Ultimately we're really keen for users to make and submit their own missions. First though, we really ought to make some tutorial videos to give a good overview of how the editor works.
By all means, let fly with the feedback.