This is a PSP adoptation of 2D abstract shooter originally developed by Kenta Cho (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu...noiz2sa_e.html) for PC.
get NOIZ2SA_PSP_V0.6 here
!!! PLEASE USE THIS SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
!!! THIS IS STILL A BETA VERSION.
!!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE IT MAY CAUSE TO YOUR PSP.
> high score saves
> sound support
> custom stereo soundtrack support
> game customization: custom colors, graphics, enemy attack patterns
v1.5 users: copy NOIZ2SA and NOIZ2SA% folders from 1.5 to your [psp_drive]:\PSP\GAME folder.
V1.0::: I don't have any experience with this firmware version. Hopefully PBP file in 1.5 folder works out for you.
If not, try to recompile attached source under the latest PSPSDK.
[x] - to select/fire
[arrows/analog pad] -to navigate/move
[start] -to pause/play
[left trigger] -take snapshot
[right trigger] -slowdown ship's movement
[SQUARE & TRIANGLE] -sound FX volume control
Screen shots are saved as noiz2sa_screen[#].png in the root of your MS card.
!!!The soundracks supplied with this release were collected from the WEB. All credit for them belongs to their respective authors!!!
You can customize the soundtracks by changing stg*.* files in the sounds sub-directory.
Currently the game should accept mod, s3m, xm & it formats.
http://www.modarchive.com is a good place to find mod music.
Limit the file size for a single song to ~ 500K; make sure it has no more than 8 channels.
You can modify the gameplay by changing the enemys attacking patters.
The pattern files are in boss middle & zako subdirectories.
The files are in BulletML (http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu...l/index_e.html) xml like language.
NEW IN V.6:
- Color customization: all game colors can be re-assigned by changing ./images/colors.txt file
colors are in 8 bit RGB format (where R,G,B range from 0 to 255.
Note that actual display color components are in 5 bit format, meaning that colors (255,255,255) & (254,254,254) are going to look the same on the screen...
- New color theme. Of course, if you don't like it, create your own or use the classic one by swapping files in images directory withthe ones from images_classic.
- Side panels can be changed by editing corresponding images in ./images directory.
Make sure you keep the size the same & save images as 8 bit BMPs.
- Expanded soundtrack support. Each finite level has it's own soundtrack now.
- FX volume adjustment: get the perfect music/fx ratio with [SQARE] & [TRIANGLE] buttons during the game play.
- Soundtrack playback in main menu.
- New soundtrack added.
NOTE: you can still use any mod/s3m/xm/it files as your game music. Make sure that they have <8 channels, named propery & put in the sounds directory.
- Rendering optimizations: frame rate is boosted from 20fps (v.05) to 30fps normal / 60fps
wireframe mode. Wireframe mode can be enabled by setting "RENDER_BG 0" in ./images/colors.txt file. If set, background is not filled with color, which, in my opinion, creates a nice effect & saves lot's of CPU juice for boosting the frame rate.
- Numerous bug fixes: it should not hange on exit anymore, play sound on extra life bonus and so on.
- Source code, although not clean and highly unreadable, is released. Use the latest build of PSPSDK to build. You'll need to install a bunch of libraries from ps2dev.org prior to build...
further performance optimizations
vertical screenmode layout
possible ogg/mp3 support