Using the source code provided by Psilocybeing, I have made a couple of modification to the program to provide improved functions
- Improved stability, would not crash after first couple minutes of joining
- added ctcp version autoreply
- able to tell the difference (and to show it) between channel message and private message
- can tell the difference to:
- Notice message
- Action messages (/me slaps joe bloke around a bit with a trout)
- Join/Part/Quit messages
- Fixed a bug where the program would crash when it joins a specific type of irc server (Unreal3.2.3)
- much importantly! much more colorful and pretty than the previous version!
- improved channel joining time!
- Changed the method which the program used to join channel, making it suit more users with different connection speed
- Fixed another bug which some users complain that it does not work with some specific irc servers, it is found out that the new channel joining method didn't take into account of some irc server pings the user initialy while some don't, hopefully this will provide more stability then all other previous versions
- Source code included with added comments and findings
If this is proven to be stable, it will be the final change to pIRC v0.5, then i'll work on other features
just drop me a message about it and i'll see if people are having problems.