PSP Personal Digital Assistant
Seeing my personal demand into acquiring something like this, I decided to code it myself. This post is more of an "project announcement" post than anything else. You are welcome to comment and add your ideas as I would like to hear them. Tomorrow night, I will begin the development of this new program made in Lua (no need to pass hours over C++ when the same result for an app can be done in Lua, right ?)
Here's the features that I planned to include:
- Personal Money Management: You can manage the money in your pocket, in your bank, on your credit cards, and see periodically reports of what you have done in actions (deposit, withdrawal, why and when you did). Also, you can keep a list of things you need to pay and/or buy for the week/month, depending on what you would like. On the main screen you can see a "short version" of what you have so you don't have to browse to access it and see it.
- Agenda: A personal agenda keeping track of your appointements with a nice little customizable calendar helping you to keep track of the date.
- Notepad: A small notepad allowing you to keep notes in mind, very usefull for me !
- Alarm: Simple alarm system that works like any other alarm applications you see here. You can set many alarms for reminders too with a description but those will be optional.
- Phonebook: A phone book to keep track of your phone numbers. Easily customizable and with alphabetic order search, you will be able to store a good number of phone numbers, addresses, and other informations usefull to know at any time.
- PC <-> USB Direct Connection: A PC application will be used to manage your content faster than using the PSP and virtual keyboard. This is also usefull to extract your logs (for your budget management) and print them out. Also, it will keep track of your configuration for the whole PDA and the updates to come.
- Map reading: Like mapquests and the likes ? The PC application will be able to upload maps and indications to your PSP so you are never lost or lose those pieces of paper all the time. It will indicate the way to go and come back, and also, it can keep track of numberous destinations if you want to keep them in mind.
- Check Lists: You like keeping yourself top-notch when it comes to organization ? Well, I do, and check list will be very usefull to have on this application.
- Dictionary: Using linux dictionaries files, a french and english dictionnaries will be included within the application, although it will be able to consider other languages as well, as long as you have the dict files.
- Customization: Possibility to change the skin/wallpaper of your PDA, and make sure you keep track of every aspect of the configurations. Accessible within the application itself or using your PC.
So, that's it. Shoot your ideas, I need them to build something good. Tomorrow, I should give over follow ups about this, and expect fast developement because I need this application asap !
See ya later guys !