This thread is for iR Commander beta testing related issues and support only. Beta testers, pls post test results, bugs, assistance, etc., in this thread. Do not post here for non testing discussions.
The beta software has been sent to 4 testers only and is locked to their PSP MAC address. The official version is now targeted to be released on Feb 1.
Usage Notes to Beta testers:
1) unzip the pspircom.zip and place the files to your PSP under /PSP/GAME/.
2) You can define a remote control by adding a Remote Control Description file (rdf). This is a plain text file. Pls refer to the sample "Panasonic TV.rdf" for syntax description.
3) If you make any typos in rdf file. The program will abort telling what & where you've made the typo after you have chosen that remote in the application.
4) There is an iR indicator on the top right corner on the remote control screen. It'll flash in RED if the PSP is tranmitting IR signal.
5) To use macros, you can add more code entries after the Key definition. A single code entry (single code line) means no macro. Two consecutive entries (2 code lines) means a macro with 2 codes. Maximum 20 code entries per key/macro.
You can obtain Pronto hex codes from these links:
The 2nd link above points to Component Configuration Files which contains many pronto codes for different devices, but you need to use the Pronto Editor (downlaod Pronto Edit 4.0.5 from the same site) to open it.
If you're having problem in using Pronto Editor, follow the instructions below:
1) From ProntoEdit main menu, choose File->Open to open the ccf file you downloaded.
2) The left hand side of the window has a list of HOME, DEVICES & MACRO GROUPS. Click the Plus(+) sign on the DEVICES and another list of sub devices will be listed. Look for the one that looks like to be the device you want. Example, "TV" or "TV Codes" and click it. A grahical device layout window will popup.
3) Look for the key that you to copy the codefrom. Double click the key.
4) Another popup window appears. Double click "Learned".
5) Another window appears. Click "View IR" and you'll see the code.
In case you can't find the Pronto codes for your device, you can use a pronto compatible device, such as PocketPC to learn it's IR code and copy to PSP. I tried to learn the code with my PPC and transfer it to PSP, it seems to work fine.
To do list for the official version:
1) Main Menu will support both Circle & Cross as remote unit selection key.
2) Add more checking for invalid pronto codes.
3) Eliminate the repeating of the IR code for 3 times. Final version will repeat the code only if you keep holding the key. Pls note some codes are non-repetition, meaning it won't repeat even if the key is held (this is in the code spec).
Dream List (may take forever :)):
1) Support remote unit learning capability.
2) Allows you to choose other UMD Games/Apps to launch from within iR Commander. This way, you can switch between your game/app & iR commander with a hot key.
Remote Unit with User supplied picture
Remote Unit with User supplied picture & system auto-generated key description