MasterX SDK - For PSP
What is MasterX SDK?
MasterX SDK is the *FIRST* game engine I ever attempted to write
Alot of games have been written using this SDK, not only by me but by many others.
Google MasterX SDK to see some of them..
It would be a good excerisce for porters just starting out to try and get one of the
older programs to compile with the new MasterX SDK for PSP..
MasterX now sits behind SDL instead of DirectX (DirectDraw) or Direct3D (MasterX9)
How to compile:
First install PSPSDK, than SDL for PSPSDK, than SDL_mixer for PSPSDK
libTremor, libogg, and libvorbis..
Then go to the command shell and type
for wall pong:
$ make psp && make && make pc
$ make clean && make && make pc
once you have built the PSP binarys
you can compile the programs in Visual Studio .NET with by opening the .vcproj.
Note to skip this step:
$ echo "" > platform.h
this will remove the FOR_PSP macro define and let you compile for Windows.
- Sound Support now Done through SDL_mixer extra argument for mxhwnd.LoadSound 1 for ogg 0 for wav
- No Paint Shapes , Only rectangles.
- No Windows API, only defined macro's to force compilation of previous apps
- If your app uses *ANY* windows API calls other than the MasterX SDK calls
youll have to change the app to do it on its own through SDL or MasterX API
Yes that means no DefWindowProc so just have your event callback return 0
There was a reason in my older MasterX apps that I tried not to use Win32 Macro's
- Color Keys must be set after Loading of Image *NOT* before (Since the format of the key
is based off the images BPP
- Note: I may have forgot somethings, but the compiler warnings and errors will get you
on the right track to porting over your old masterX game to PSP/Any platform that supports
- Jared Bruni