Here is a new release of iR Shell 1.2 with adhoc wifi file transfer function added. Again, the file transfer is an iR Shell multi-tasking function which means you can send files over to your friend's PSP, listen to your favor mp3 song and playing a UMD/homebrew game all at the same time.
Adhoc Wifi File Transfer Features:
- To use adhoc wifi file transfer, goto directory view and highlight the file or directory you'll want to send. Then, press Left Trigger + Cross and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can choose a single file or a single directory to transfer. Pls pay attention when you choose a single directory as it'll send over all files & subdirectories under it.
- The file transfer protocol currently has no error recovery. If one of the PSP loses sync, you'll need to hit Square button to abort the transfer and restart the whole thing again.
- The file transfer throughput isn't that great at the moment and is around 90KB/sec when the receiving side has a Sandisk MS. It will drop down to 3XKB/sec when the receiving PSP has a Sony MS. This is just another way to prove the slow write access on Sony MS.
- The PSP wifi system modules are loaded into user space. As a result, you may encounter some compatibility issues when playing certain UMD games while doing file transfer simultaneoutly.
- File transfer progress & estimated time display.
Note: The current file transfer protocol is very primitive and there is no error handling or recovery. A proper file transfer protocol with error recovery will be incorportated into a future release which should also double the throughput.
Special thanks to StoneCut and Triable for doing an extensive beta testing with 4 PSPs and also reporting on the Sony MS crappy access time, and to our gfx artist Skydew for providing the new icon & background.
The donation approach that I put up doesn't seem to work. I'm now considering moving iR Shell to a premium member scheme similar to Psix. In other words, a private technical support forum will be setup and requires a small fee to join the premium membership. The premium membership will entitle you to access a techical support forum and download beta copies with advanced features whenever they're available. There will still be public releases, but will be less frequent. The same features will probably be a few months after the beta. For those who make donations will automatically be upgraded to premium members if such scheme is to be implemented in the future. Pls feel free to leave comments or make your poll in my forum thread http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/viewtop...mforum=irshell
Visit my site to download