RobotsEngine (LUA) v0.1 BETA
Download here .
This game is based on the *nix game GnoBots.
RobotsEngine is designed to allow custom artwork, text and sounds to be loaded as Packs to form the basis of a Robots-type game. The included, default game is drac-o-bots.
Although much of the engine is complete, it still does not support an easy way of loading custom tilesets, etc for your own game - please be patient, or failing that, you can have a look at the source and it should be pretty straightforward to figure out.
This is my first Lua app, and is the first game I've ever actually tried to code - I'm still learning, but if you're thinking about trying to code in Lua I can recommend this type of game as your first steps. Its not complex, has no AI, but you'll get used to the language and the way it works.
o - teleport
/\ - stay still.
This software is VERY MUCH IN BETA. Please send any feedback, suggestions etc. to firstname.lastname@example.org. uk as they will be greatly appreciated.
* Sound support
* High-score table
* Extract all texts, image references etc. to a different file
* Enable skin loading in game
* Enable options menu
* TOTALLY RECODED - now has proceedures and everything!! (Previous version grew somewhat organically...)
* x debug button disabled
* Menuing system created
* Can exit the game!!
* Sorted out graphical bug where enemies when killed by obstacles can still be seen
* Tried to pull out as many while true do/break/end bits as possible!
* General logic created
* Basic tileset graphics created
* Debugable - hitting x resets the game
* All graphics ASCII characters!
* Player can move, enemy positions drawn