BEHOLD!!! gmax2psp!!! A maxscript that you can use to create 3D models for the psp with out the hassle of manualy codeing in the model.
To use this maxscript:
1. Start gmax.
2. Click on the Utilities Tab thats at the left of the screen. The Utilities tab has a picture of a hammer.
3. Click the MAXscript button. Its at the end of the list.
4. Important, you must click the Open Listener button. If you dont, then the script will not be able to convert the models for the psp.
5. Click Run Script and open gmax2psp.ms file, where ever you have extracted it.
6. Click and select gmax2psp under the Utilities dropdown box.
7. Click Export Lua Structure to convert the models to lua.
8. open the program GrabListener.exe that is included in the compressed file. The GrabListener program copies everything that is in the listener to a file.
Guidelines to gmax2psp 3D modeling:
1. Every Model you want to show in lua code, MUST be linked to a model named frame. The frame model can be anything but MUST have the name of frame.
**More Guidelines to come in future versions**
You can get gmax at turbosquid.com. Click here.
Gmax does require an account on turbosquid.com, but you dont have to worry about it because they are free. Gmax is FREE!!!
This is only the first version of gmax2psp, so dont get all disapointed that it's stupid. I am going to be enhancing this script over time and will have the script to be able to support multimaterial objects or objects that have faces that are a different color and C\C++ code.
Version 2 released.
Version 3 released.