iR Shell 1.6 Released
If listening to your favorite mp3s while playing UMD Games/homebrews isn't enough for you, you can now stream any files via WiFI or USB to any of your favorite homebrews. Imagine having your whole mp3, movie & photo database on your PC and stream them real time to your PSP via WiFi or USB for unlimited storage and enjoyment. You don't like to convert your movies to PMP format? How about streaming your MP4 movies to Sony's XMB movie player? Having too much fun and can't stop playing your PSP? Well, you can setup an alarm to remind you stop playing. Your favorite shell now gives you all these features at your fingertip, plus a lot more.
Here is a highlight of the new features. For a complete list, refer to the README.TXT for details:
- You can browse your PC harddisk, DVDROM or any other PC storage devices from your PSP via infrastructure WiFi or USB connection and stream files to your homebrew applications. You can even install PSP homebrews on your PC harddisk and launch them on your PSP, just like a huge virtual Memory Stick. 200GB memory stick is now a reality!
- You can open files directly with a single click via iR Shell file browser, such as PMP movies, PMF movies, Atrac3s, mp3s, photos, text files, PDF files, ZIPs, RARs, etc. These files can reside on your Memory Stick or even on your PC storage device.
- Launching XMB within iR Shell which allows you to use all features of XMB, plus taking snapshot of it or UMD Video.
- Alarm clock to remind you important appointments.
- Low battery voice warning to remind you to recharge your battery before it drys up.
Special thanks to:
- Tyranid for making usbhostfs for PSPLINK.
- Dark Alex for making nethostfs.
- AnonymousTipster for developing the ZIP & RAR Unarchiver Plugin for iR Shell.
- StoneCut for being my favorite beta tester.
- Skydew for providing the new Help image files.
- Triable for making various nice graphics for iR Shell.
- Rangedunits for supplying a free hosting service.
- all original plugin authors.
- all iR Shell beta testers for providing valuable suggestions & counterless hours of testing.
Visit my homepage and follow the instructions to download and install.
The nethostfs for Windows & Linux has been updated to take a directory as an argument. For example, the following will allow you to access all drives in your PC. The original usbhostfs already allows directory as argument. If not given, the current directory where you start nethostfs or usbhostfs will be used as the root for your PSP.
Make sure your slash is the normal slash '/', not back-slash '\'.Code:
[UPDATE 2, June 24]
The server application usbhostfs & nethostfs have been updated to solve the bug which has caused the directory blank out if there is any file with special characters. Visit my homepage to download the version for your PC server.
If you've problems setting WiFi Host or USB Host, pls consult the tutorial written by SG57 & Macca below:
WiFi Host Setup Tutorial by SG57
USB Host Setup Tutorial by Macca