* A game written in LUA for the Sony PSP
* A fan game based on The Matrix Trilogy
* A rhythm - action game, without the rhythm! (or the action?!?)
* Stop the code before before it falls to the bottom of the
screen by pressing the corresponding button in time.
* If you miss a code stream then you will lose 3 points.
* If you press a button and there is no code stream in the
corresponding column then you will lose 2 points.
* To defeat the machines and advance to the next level you must
reach 100 points.
* Completing a level unlocks a card for your collection, go to
the Gallery from the Main Menu to view your cards.
* Finish all 10 levels to complete the game.
* 1.5 Users
Copy the TRIX v1.0 and TRIX v1.0% folders to PSP/GAME
i.e. PSP/GAME/TRIX v1.0/
* Note: This release is just a hacked Lua Player 0.16 eboot, I
just changed the icons, removed Lowser and put this in its
place! Not ideal but I don't have the time right now to set up
the toolchain and compile it properly. Also anyone who feels
like doing this for me can contact me on the PSP Updates
forums, username Zero.Wing, and then I can release this as a
standalone game (and hide my sloppy code!).
* Note: Don't try running it under Lua Player 0.20, its way too
slow! Remember new doesn't always == better '(^_^)'
* 2.xx Users
If you copy the Lowser folder (hehe!) this will work on
2.6 as thats all I had at the time of writing it (no chance I
was going to attempt to code in C with just a 2.6!), so just
rename it to anything and put it in your Lua Player 0.16
e.g. PSP/GAME/LUA/APPLICATIONS/TRIX v1
* I decided to write the game after the Matrix Trilogy was aired
in the UK on TV a few weeks ago. It was intended as an
exercise for me to get back into coding and I never really
intended on releasing it, but after demo'ing it to a couple of
friends I thought it was probably worth a release.
* This is the first bit of programming I have done in years so
yes the code is a bit sloppy but the bottom line is its
working so I am happy with it for now. I might try to clean
it up if theres ever a next release.
* This is FREE software. Selling of it is prohibited.
* In case of a system freeze, please wait 10 ~ 20 seconds then:
Turn off the power and turn on the system once more.
If needed, try holding down the power switch for a longer
period of time.
* Don't turn off the PSP if the Memory Card Access LED is
* This program is not endorsed or licensed by Sony. Use at your
* This program is not endorsed by Warner Bros, it is a fan game
made for fans of the movies by a fan of the movies for free
* More options
* Game stats, hit percentages etc
* More rewards, unlockable PSP wallpapers etc
* Refine difficulty levels
* Character Select Screen
* 'Cut Scenes' between battles
* More Sounds and Music?
With Special Thanks To
* ps2dev.org - you guys amaze me
* evilmana.com - excellent Lua tutorials
* lua.org - well you know
* Shine (?) - for porting Lua to the PSP
* ema (?) - for the excellent TwinTail LDE (Lua Development
Environment), very helpful for tweaking Lua code
on a 2.6. Hey I can even code while I'm at work now
thanks to this program!
* Zenurb - for the basic Matrix code algorithm modified for use
* Dark_ALex - Thankyou so much!
* pspupdates.qj.net - for always giving me something to read,
even if it just speculation and opinion ;)
* Sony - For creating the awesome PSP, but come on guys give us
a break with the homebrew.
I have would have released this weeks ago but I started a new job working nights and I can't sleep today because its way too hot here in the UK.
This is just for fun and practice, I know its not gonna reach the front page and I doubt I will do any more work on it to be honest. I will move onto C and something original now I have a 1.5 PSP to debug with (well I have 2 now but still).
Hope you guys like it, let me know what you think. I will try and get some sleep and check back before I go to work tonight.
(One hell of a second post, don't ya think?)