Dunno if this has been posted yet but heres the first release.
- Scroll through large (up to 65536x65536 pixels) maps.
- Zoom in/out. The number of zoom levels depends of on the size of the map.
- Large coverage. The program uses imagery from Google Maps, which currently have pretty good coverage of
North America, Western Europe, Australia, Japan. Visit Google maps, to find out if they provide required
coverage for your location.
- Customizable map size, level of detail and coverage.
- Ability to display zipped maps (currently buggy)
- Ability to display satellite and hybrid maps from Google.
- WIFI map retrieval: ability to acquire and store map data to Memory stick over WIFI
- Linux/Cygwin script is also provided to generate a map of given size and detail for a given location.
- GPS support: ability to read and interpret NMEA sentences from a GPS receiver communicating through PSP's serial port.
In GPS mode there are following features:
- Speed, direction, altitude, latitude, longitude, number of satellites in view.
- NORTH UP mode: map is displayed with NORTH always on top. The arrow in the middle turns to shows current direction.
- TRACK UP mode: map rotates so that direction of movement is always from top down.
- Record GPS data (captures NMEA sentences in gps.txt file for later replay)
- POI/Attractions data support. Ability to select and display different types of attractions.
check it out.
Now on dl.qj.net and front page!