Just thought this would be a nice addition to the TIFF library of apps so... Here is a port of the LUA calculator (best out actually - besides the emulation of a TI-XX) which was created by Shine. So... props Shine :o
Anywho - Ill explain the current features, the controls and some bugs.
- Basic Math (+, -, /, *)
- Negative Number Support
- Basic Trig Functionality (sine, cosine)
- Square Root Function
- Other useful routines (x/2, x^2)
- Few more functionalities
- Easy-to-use GUI
- Good for everyday math (depending on math level)
- Source Code Included
Bugs / Lacking:
- D-Pad: Navigation
- X/Cross: Select Button Currently On
- HOME: Exit
Thanks everyone for all the support and requests im recieving as it helps alot. Just look ;) A rough port of a decent calculator (id have to say its better than decent ;)) only took ~1 hour... Randomly porting a snowfield demo took 20 minutes... Keep the emails/PMs coming :o
- Decimal Support - its in there but rounds decimal to whole number. This means sine, cosine get rounded making them a tad pointless. I hope with me releasing the source, this gets changed upon (note - its only a problem since my manual atoi/itoa function only supports string -> int conversion, not string -> long/float.
- Tangent - lacking as I cant find the correct NID at the moment. Once again, i hope by releasing the source this gets looked into. All one must do is stub and link the tanf function, than uncomment the tan routine (in ProcessKeys)
- No Character Limit - this means one can keep entering a number/s and have it go off screen adn appear on the next line and whatnot. I really dont feel like fixing this (too lazy to apply scientific notation :P) as it just crashes your PSP after randomly coloring the calculator's display so... If your not gonan bother to use this app like it was intended for - than dont use it at all...
- Difficulty Running - I dont know about you all, but after upgrading to SE-B'', ive had difficulty running my TIFF homebrew without it freezing up/crashing on boot up so... If you cant get it to start after the 10th time, dont give up as i can assure you it works ;)
Download is at my site (sorry, too lazy to grab link right now *closes eyes for extened period of time*) Link in sig as well as new Snowfield demo - check em out.