WARNING: This program writes to the flash. There is a chance of bricking.
1) download the super-safe flasher from here
2) extract the contents to the GAME150 folder on your memory stick
3) Run the flasher from the game menu on your psp.
4) press X to start the flashing process
5) After the flasher finishes, it will exit to the XMB by itself.
6) Reboot your psp while holding the R trigger to get into the recovery menu.
7) press configuration
8) press autorun program at ms0:/PSP/GAME/BOOT/EBOOT.PBP
9) exit recovery.
10) when you exit, you will see a screen with a little keyboard.
11) type in the default password.
12) the default pass word IS password
13) the background will turn light green and it will exit.
14) it will show the normal intro and take you to the XMB
To change your password, use this
At first type in the default password. hit OK
The background will become green.
Then type in the password that you want. Hit OK. it will exit to the XMB
If you want to uninstall Super-safe, run this. Hit X to uninstall it.
I can confirm that these instrucions worked. I have used them myself.