Originally Posted by Dark_AleX
This is custom firmware 3.10 OE-A
Since it is the first release, it can only be installed as a full installation.
Instructions are as always, oeupdmaker to create the dxar from 150.PBP and 310.PBP, and 310oeflasher
to install the firmware from the dxar previously generated.
Although, it is obvious, i'll say it in capital letters: DO NOT USE ANY DXAR FROM 3.03 OE, USE THE ONE
GENERATED WITH THE INCLUDED OEUPDMAKER AND SONY 1.50 AND 3.10 FIRMWARES UPDATES.
Checksums of the generated dxar:
MD5: BF1862F73FDF4B7458279ACFF 4F6DAA2
SHA1: 683AD0ABA48A7968F3172A5AB 2E41CF95A476801
SHA256: 2107EC67CE7434E250FF71AF3 02430B3586AA4519F3405D435 94414B3C940B74
Note 1: the installer will disable all plugins to avoid incompatibilities when booting. You can
enable them again in the recovery menu.
Note 2: the plugin to load 3.02 pops won't work anymore in 3.10 OE, due to some changes in pops
modules structure (meaudio fused with popsman, idcanager/idmanager behaviour slightly changed).
A new plugin for 3.10 could be written next week.
Changes in 3.10 OE-A:
- Change from 3.03 firmware to 3.10
- 4th level of brightness (aka battery eater) can now be selected also without ac adaptor.
- Changes in hen core:
* Static user elf's can now be executed in the 3.10 kernel. (this includes snes user version
between other programs)
* Tyranid's patch (added in 3.03 OE-C) consequences was not explained very well in the changelog of 3.03 OE-C:
- For programmers: it allows kernel modules to have user imports, making kernel programming
in 3.03/3.10 less strict.
- For users: plugins and applications that worked in 2.71 SE, but not in OE, *may* now work in 3.03OE-C
and 3.10 OE-A.