For the benefit of those who don't read the documentation provided with their downloaded programs, I will clearly state here what to expect...
The team have taken considerable steps to secure their work. These steps should not pose a problem unless you are actively trying to boost your own visibility by attempting to modify the firmware installation.
Spoiler for Statement concerning the reason for these developments:
[Note] Please read below for details.
M33 SOFTWARE LICENSE
Terms of Conditions
You can only install this program, if you agree to EVERY term of
conditions of this license.
1. Refusal of responsibility.
This free program comes with no warranty.
Authors are not responsible of any damage that the use of this
software may cause.
The software has been tested on different hardware, on "ideal conditions"
(firmware files unmodified, no plugins), and it has been working properly
and safely. However there is no warranty that this will happen in all cases.
2. Modification of the program.
You are allowed to modify the program binaries once it has been installed,
at your own risk (this excludes people banned from M33 Software).
If you spread said modified files, you are required to indicate that you
You are however NOT allowed to modify the installer, the readme or this
license, including the removal of one or more of them.
Modification of installer covers all: icon, image, executable code, text, etc.
These kind of modifications may end in the software refusing to work.
3. Free Software.
This software is FREE, meaning that you shouldn't have been forced to pay to
obtain it. M33 Team accepts donations, but they are fully voluntary.
M33 was designed to be a program to be shared with all PSP homebrew
community. Because we have noticed that there is rubbish inside the
community, we have the rights of making our application NOT TO WORK
for certain people or organizations, in order to protect our rights, the rights
of legitimate homebrew developers, and the PSP homebrew community.
Because of the nature of the program, which starts with the system, the
refusal of the program to work means too the inability to start the PSP
device, a.k.a. BRICK.
Our software doesn't contain any malicious code, but code to refuse to
start in those cases, which is legitimate since it is our work.
If you don't agree to this term, you are not allowed to use this software.
In the following section, the word "criminal" will be used to define those
that steal source code, compatibility lists, change program credits, or do
any other kind of illicit activity.
You are BANNED of any kind of use, including spreading, of M33 Software, if
you meet one or more of the following conditions:
- You didn't agree to all terms of conditions of this license.
- You downloaded this software from a criminal site.
- You have a website of criminal nature, or you are a moderator, or you collaborate, or have collaborated in any way with that type of website.
- You are an active forum member of a criminal site.
- You give support or money to a criminal site, either directly (by paying ads or any other thing), or indirectly (indirect money by criminal website frequent visit). "Moral" support to the actions of the criminal site is included.
The ban in this point, will be stopped if the support/money ceases. (deleting of ads, stop of visiting the site and removal of psp/pc browser cache).
- You are linked to a criminal website, or your website is partner/friend of a criminal site. In this case, users of the linked website are also banned.
- You have a link to a criminal website in your site. This excludes links from forums, or "negative" links.
- You use stolen source code in your PSP program (or your parody of program). In this case, both, the application and the stealer are banned.
- You do any kind of activity that damage M33 Team members, or legitimate PSP homebrew coders.
As a result of the above, we here at QJ will actively seek to remove any programs thought to infringe in order to protect our users. If a thread is made offering a new custom firmware release, our moderators will act first and ask questions later. I also ask you to refrain from putting your systems in jeopardy by attempting to install custom firmware from unknown sources.
Team M33 releases their work at the following site ONLY: http://pspx.ru/
Official Team site: http://m-33.narod.ru/
Code:3.52 M33 Update 3 - MD5: b20e264b1e2042be87ee361fe9dd8ebf 3.52 M33 Update 4 - MD5: 4911e5ebace5161471e3859148ae154e