This was posted at our site i dont know if its true or not, just wanted to post it just in case. My buddy says its a boot hack, we play Socom FTB1
Just so you guyz no, there is a japanese hax that bricks ur psp. I had it happen to me twice. It is a nasty hax that makes your psp go to a blank screen when you try for "instant action". There will be buttons that lead you to some japanese language. Each time you choose an option (it doesn't matter which) you end up logging off of the instant action menu and coming back offline. I've figured out how to fix it without downloads or homebrews:
1. remove your UMD
2. hard reset your PSP
3. your PSP will then go to a blue screen with 50 different languages.
4. rehardset your PSP
5. your PSP will then make you go through registering the time and date
6. Your PSP will then freeze
7. rehardset your PSP
8. your PSP will start where it left off
9. Go to your network connections and set it back up because it got FUBARED by the hax
Yes...it is a hax that some nasty person made up. It makes it really seem like you've bricked your PSP, but if you try to download more homebrews or fixes, it will only get worse. Try this first before anything else.
Death to malicious z