Australian Gamepro magazine has gta vice city stories info, all new features, first screens and first missions, 9 pages all together, scans are uploaded here http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...ic=253137&st=0
The 9th scan is finally up thanks jarjar
Magazine scans (thanks to jarjar from www.gtaforums.com for uploading the scans of the mag, these ones are taken from www.gtaportable.com):
so far we know, taken from www.gtaportable.com:
and here is the gtaIV magazine scan in gamepro that people have been looking for, it doesn't really tell us anything new just old facts and rumors we already know:• You'll be playing as Victor Vance - Lance's brother (Victor, and his brother Lance, will be playing a big part in Vice City Stories. He's seen in the opening scene of GTA: Vice City, as he get killed by a SWAT team. Check out the FIRST screenshots over here.)
• The game takes place in 1984 - two years before GTA: Vice City
• Victor is a 28 year-old US Marine
• Players can now take on the water of Vice City With jet ski's!
• The animations are more life-like and is a ''step-up from previous titles in the series''
• A multiplayer feature similar to the PSP version of LCS is in the game
• VCS is ''much, much bigger than Vice City''
• Some landmarks are half-built or yet to be refurbished to their state circa 1986
• There's new or altered locations and buildings
• All new vehicles and weapons
• You can fly helicopters!
• Radio stations from Vice City make a return
• New weather effects that could include hurricanes
• You can swim in the game!
• Bikes handle better than before
• There's also no more seamless exterior-to-interior gameplay as seen in LCS (There'll be a slight loading time)
• A new addition in Vice City is the chunder-wheel, which you can ride in first-person view! (There is a new theme park on Ocean Beach - the star attraction of which is "Chunder Wheel" - a giant wheel which you can ride in first person view!)
• Binoculars is in the game
• LCS is ''rookie first-gen PSP title compared to VCS''
• Draw distance is great and is said to be better than Vice City on PS2
• Trip skips make a return (If you die or get busted a taxi will take you back to the location where you received the mission from)
• New animations which give both the lead characters and pedestrians a whole new degree of humanity
• Far richer color palette that brings sunsets to all new levels of beauty, and realism
• Increased density of pedestrians, cars and objects
• Reduction in clumping (where groups of the same model type appear together)
• Far more interiors that its predecessors
So far there's no word on the following features:
• Character customization
• Vehicle Customization
• Wall climbing
Yesterday subscribers of the UK OPM2 magazine got their copies with all new gta vcs info and 4 pages of magazine scans. Taken from www.gtaportable.com:
• The Phoenix and Stinger makes a return to Vice City.
• Vic and Lance have grown up poor, and you start off in a trailer park - that's brand new to Vice City.
• There's a whole new cast of characters.
• Not only is the city bigger, it's more detailed.
• Buildings look cleaner, signs are at a much higher resolution, and the palm trees look better.
• Brand new pedestrians, and groups of the same type appear less together.
• Missions are much more varied than previous GTA's.
• Water effects have been improved, with a ''choppy-looking surface'' and weather affecting vehicle handling and swimming.
• Helicopters control smoothly
• Rockstar Leeds has been listening to YOUR thoughts on Liberty City Stories, like controlling issues, swimming and flying etc.
• As you probably know, the biker gang makes a return to Vice City. But, according to this article Big Mitch Baker will be the leader again. So expect to see him in the game!
• In one screenshot we see a silenced SMG.
Something I didn't notice before that can be and seen in some screenshots, is that Vic has a tattoo on his right arm. He is after all a US Marine, so chances are he has this from the beginning of the game. We'll have to wait for more info in the coming weeks to see if there's any word on vehicle or character customization.
New Games Magazine info on vcs: (from http://games.kikizo.com/news/200608/046.asp)
So this meens Philip Michael Thomas will be the voice of Lance Vance and seaplanes once again return to vc.Miami Vice Star Fronts Vice City Stories
Philip Michael Thomas heads the cast for Rockstar's new PSP title. New gameplay info inside.
Philip Michael Thomas became a household name in 1984 as the co-star of quintessentially '80s cop show Miami Vice. Later this year, he returns to the city that brought him to stardom as the lead character in Rockstar's new game for PSP.
In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the 57-year-old Thomas plays the lead role of Lance Vance, says a new report in GamesTM magazine. Thomas's Vance is an African American ex-Marine who is led to the shady side of the law by his brother, lured by the promise of easy money.
Rockstar Leeds' second stab at a PSP Grand Theft Auto is reportedly a more solid affair. GamesTM says the game has more convincing character models and a better draw distance, but the series' technological nemesis, pop-up, is still there.
The story in this prequel is borne of the drug-fuelled heyday of Miami in 1984, setting the stage for more of the pink-tinged violence seen in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
New to the game is an emphasis on the waters that surround Miami, says GamesTM. This stretches to the stable of vehicles you'll commandeer, which reportedly includes jet skis, seaplanes and all manner of boats. In fact, the magazine says Rockstar thinks of water as the "hidden gameplay element, the city's underlying personality."
More info and screens from Games Magazine have just risen from http://vcspsp.com/, they have a copy of the UK Games Magazine, it includes five new scans and some new info, thus it goes:
We got our hands on a copy of Games TM, a little earlier today, it contains five new screens
From gtaportable.com:* As well as the silenced SMG we found about ealier, GamesTM have confirmed the prescence of an all new rocket launcher in VCS.
* Rockstar have greatly expanded the number of boats, adding a lot more variety in types.
* Time-contextual NPC behaviour has also been introduced, basically meaning that you'll be seeing party goers at night, and tramps around dawn, etc.
* Phil Cassidy has also been spotted on the loadup titles, and so obviously will be reappearing in Vice in 1984 as well.
* The article makes mention that tankers are also appearing in VCS.
* Despite what we said yesterday, about there still being popup, the article says that it is minimal. Good news then for those of you who were annoyed with driving or flying into objects which only appeared after you'd hit them as with previous gta games.
* Going further with the water theme, Jet Skis handle completely differently to the other boats and water vehicles, and illustrate well the new handling and effect of the water in VCS.
Unlike previous GTA games, GamesTM say that in VCS the water moves and feels like real ocean, with waves, currents and spray now completely upgraded.
And now to the screens:
Not that much of interest here, another image showing how sunset and sunrise now affect the look of models.
A screen showing, Victor and Lance at the South Ocean Beach helipad, confirming the prescence of fully functional Mavericks in the game. (This helipad is where the hunter spawns in Vice City when you get 100%.)
This image clearly shows the Infernus in Ocean beach.
A good image depicting both the fresh looking water and the expanded draw distance.
And finally, a classic gta scene image, depicting Vic, ready for action.
• Binoculars can be acquired in the game and used at any time
• The game features a new rocket launcher
• Improved physics, prettier skylines, and far more dynamic lighting
• The sea plane returns to Vice City
• Time-contextual NPC behaviour (party-goers at night, bums at 5am etc.)
• Phil Cassidy can be seen during a loading screen, thus meaning he's back!
• When playing the game, they flew over Diaz's Mansion, the mall, and the Malibu Club
• Character models is sharper than that of GTA: Vice City
• Pop up is minimal, although still very apparent
• As said before, missions will no longer be ''point-to-point A-to-B'' drives
• Jet ski's handle completely different to the boats of the GTA series
• Water is more realistic, and is something that R* wants to take advantage off