First off this is gonna be lengthy, so please bear with me. I bought a PSP (1.5) last April and recently it won't turn on. I plug it in to charge, and the light doesn't go on. I'm thinking one of the following three things might've killed:
1. Keeping it in my pocket for a whole day while my sweat condensed all over it. (it worked afterwards though)
2. I lent it to my stupid ethiopian cousin and he tried to charge my PSP with multiple different chargers, some of which weren't proper voltage (and that was the last thing he tried charging it with before it died.) Also, he started wiggling the crap out of where the wire connected to the PSP thinking they somehow weren't connecting (while I looked on in horror.) I tried charging it with my PSP charger when I got home, and almost threw my cousin out a stained glass window for being the last person to touch my PSP when it died.
3. I played around with emulators a lot when I had my PSP (the reason why I bought the thing basicly, though Lumines is nice) and could often play for 2 hours + beating Chrono Triggers ***. I noticed the the PSP would get kind of warm after an emulator session but I thought nothing of it. All emulators were downloaded here and ROMs from a site I'd been using for years without problems, so I don't think they themselves woulda fudged up my PSP as much as the extended use would have. (it worked after all the uses though)
Those are the only reasons I could come up with for why my PSP had died. Whenever the PSP was used it would be for 1-3 hours at a time usually on any actual UMD games. The PSP stopped working after my cousin Jerome used the PSP and tried all non-chargers he had to charge it. Now I have some questions.
1. Did one of these methods kill my PSP, or is there something else that could have been responsible (some general mistake some PSP owners make perhaps?) Which method is most likley responisble?
2. Would one of the newly shipped 2.0 PSPs hold up better than mine did to the mentioned abuse? Is there a chance they can get emulators working on 2.0?
3. Is the warranty worthless now? What items need to be sent back with it (Bonus UMDs, case, mem stick, etc.) for the warranty to go through?
4. Would my dead PSP sell for any money on eBay?
5. How much do you think repair would cost if my PSP is not accepted back? Would it be more cost effective to buy a new one?