Hi all, ive had wifi max for the good part of six months and so far it had been sat on my shelf collecting dust. Ive tried any number of guides but none worked . So i thought about for a bit ... did some research and managed to get it working.
Note: I am using a ADSL AOL/BT Broadband Modem to connect to the internet although i am pretty sure it would be the same for a Wireless Internet Connection.
Guide to getting WIFI MAX to work with an AOL Internet Connection (preferably Broadband) :
1) Unistall any previous drivers you have installed for the wifi dongle or wifi max software.
2) Close down your AOL internet browser. (preferably restart your pc after this)
3) (Once you have restarted your pc) Check that you have the AOL Tray Icon in your toolbar. Then right click it, which brings up various options. Click on the one titled "Start AOL Dialler".
4) Follow the steps on screen and sign in using your AOL Screenname and password aswell as choosing the correct location (location: click the one that is highlighted if you were to connect to the internet using the AOL Browser.
5) Click connect when you have typed all the data in.
6) Now it should be connecting to the internet with your AOL connection but without having the AOL Browser running. (To make sure it is working correctly, once it has said "You are now connected to the internet", open up internet explorer or any other internet browser like Firefox, enter a website and if it appears, then GREAT! its working !)
7) Now it should of (in my case) or may create a new connection in "network connections" found in the Control Panel on your computer. Don't worry . You can always still use AOL for the internet !
8) Pop in the Wifi Max CD which came with the Wifi Max package and install the necessary files both the Wifi MAX software, a server (if you want one, personally i dont need one so i havent installed it) and the Wifi Dongle Drivers. (which should happen automatically and you will be notified).
9) After this plug in your Wifi dongle into your usb (or use the dock) and it should say "New hardware found" then click automatically install / find drivers for The usb device (The WIFI Dongle). Let it find the files and install them successfully. Then as a precaution just restarting your pc now wouldnt be a bad idea. (Just incase your computer crashes later on and there is no corruption.
10) Once everything above is done (and in the right order) proceed to the Control Panel then, Network Connections, then make sure a new Wireless Network connection is made (this is the wifi dongle). Go into the properties of your internet connection to the internet and click on advance. Then make sure it is shared with the new Wireless Connection.
11) Right click the ZDWlan icon and open the utility. First of all make sure that the MODE is not STATION but is selected as an ACCESS POINT. Then make any other changes you might want such as WEP (a password for your wifi connection).
12) Load up your PSP and go to network settings. then go to infrastructure mode and create a new connection. Follow the instructions on screen. And Save the connection. Then Test the connection. You should have information telling you about your new WIFI Connection. Importantly scroll to the bottom and make sure that "Internet Connection" has "Succeeded".
13) Well Done ! Now you can access Wifi and the internet on your psp and have the joy of playing games such as Medal of Honor Heroes online or browsing the internet wirelessly on your psp.
I hope this guide has helped all the AOL/PSP users out there !
*this was my own work and not copied from anyother site*