Found a WS259 - G Model PSP! (Value Pack)!
Woot! Today, I walked in to my local import store, and low and behold, found this WS259-G model, BRAND SPANKNG NEW, sealed in the box, PSP Value Pack PSP!
1) Should I cancel my Costco online order ($265 after shipping and tax) and get this one instead? ($204) - Since I don't even know if am getting a mod-able model from Costco, don't you think this WS259-G that I just found is a 'safer' purchase?
2) Nowadays, does it really matter what version of mobo you get? (since even a TA-082 can be downgraded, provided that you have 3.5 or less of course)
3) The G model is a 2.01 firmware revision. Do I need to just follow the instruction on this link?
There is another version posted here, and it looks like it is a bit easier. (It has a installer that will do the job for you) - Which downgrader do you recommend?
4) Does it mean that I no longer need my newly bought Lumines games after all?
5) The reason I wanted to get the Costco system, was to play with the regular version for a while, and when the upcoming slim versions got hacked, get those instead. But on the other hand, that might take a while, and besides, the slim ones might not be that special after all. What would you do i f you were in my shoes?
I would really appreciate your help.
-= Double Post =-
Why do I have to upgrade to 3.5 and then downgrade to 1.5...Is it easier this way? Then why not buy an S model that already has 3.5 on it (although it sports TA-082 mobo)