I'm looking into purchasing a new PSP 3000. I've been cribbing my brother's console for a few years now, but will be living overseas again next year and would like a console of my own. I have a pile of technical questions, any help would be greatly appreciated.
1) I'm Australian, which means PSP's are approximately $US130 more expensive than they need be, so I'm looking to import. Besides eBay (already trying) can anyone suggest a reliable place where I can buy a US PSP 3000 (3000=latest, right?) online which can be shipped to Australia?
2) If I have an NTSC console, can I still sign into, and buy games from the Playstation Network for different regions (ie. Aust.)? Will there likely be any other issues with using an NTSC PSP (besides warranty)?
3) Probably the same question, I will be living in Shanghai, China. Is it possible to connect to the Playstation Network from China(obviously not the Chinese PSN, there isn't any)/countries with no PSN infrastructure?
4) I've collected a bundle of great games on UMD, I don't want to take my stack of UMDs overseas. How can I get the UMD games on my PSP? With Sony currently dismissing any rewards programs, ~Removed~. Can the latest firmware be cracked?
5) Any recommended accessories for keeping my PSP safe?
6) And if I'm going to hack the firmware, any recommendations for essential apps or indie games?
7) I'm also hoping to emulate a handful of games NES games I own but unfortunately don't run/run for very long, any suggestions?
Thank you again folks.