Well I want to first say that when I got my psp for x-mas, I have been none stop researching the PSP.... and all the capabilities... I have learned much, and have been able to so far...
O yeah I have Firmware version 2.0
get Homebrew (SNES, DOOM, and a few others) Working on my 2.0, thanks fanjita,
have been able to play mp3 without any special programs, just dragged and dropped from my pc to my PSP Memory stick and all was good, (Although I originally thought that version 2.0 would not allow mp3 to be played, but it does :icon_razz ),
I have been able to transfer jpeg to my psp photo folder and set them as wallpapers,
and just last night was able to get on the Web using the standard Sony Web Browser provided by version 2.0. I was on mypsace.com, this site, yahoo.com and read some e-mail, without any issues.... of course I am novice at computer skills, so following instructions was not that hard... :Cry:
So now I have reached a point where I just have some basic questions that will help me understand this whole homebrew thing.....so here are my questions"
1. How can I get my DVD's, stored .wma, .mpeg, .avi files to my psp and watch them?
2. I have heard of pspvideo9 to convert, but from what I read, does it only do DVD's?
3. if so are there programs out there to convert all other files on my laptop to be psp compatible?
4. When Saving jpegs for use as wallpapers on my psp, what Demission do I need to save at 400x233 or something?
5. What Bit rate do I save as well? (I do have a Photoshop program)
6. How can I watch TV on my psp?
I have heard of people watching ESPN and such on there psp....now that is really cool.
7. How can I have my mp3's play while during game play or in the psp home menus?
8. Is this what pspmedia is used for?
9. What the heck is a webportal?
It gets refernced all the time, but no defination could i find.
10. and finally for all those psp users who really USE there psp for things other than playing UMD's, what homebrew programs would you suggest for me to use....ex helpful homebrew to do 'Cool factor' things with..wathcing tv or radio, playing SNES games over wifi, cool psp web freindly sites, anything you can think of....and it will help others who are in my bot as well..not total n00bs but not code readers or writers.
Sorry for the questions, but believe me, I have been researching for a week now, and these are the only questions that I could not determine positively myself...