So You Have A Wireless Network Card And Wish To Play PSP ADHoc games online worldwide?
Whell Now with specific Brand Names You Can!!!
Your Just a few steps away from enjoying GTA and much more online VIA Xlink Kai http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/
First setup up the PSP:
- Under "Network Settings", select "Ad Hoc Mode" and use CH 1.
On your PC:
- Head to "Network Settings"
- Go to the "Properties" of your wireless network connection
- Select "TCP/IP" and use the following information:
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
- Click the "Wireless Networks" tab at the top of the dialog box
- Select "Advanced" and tick off "Computer-to-computer (ad hoc) networks only" and "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks"
- Load up the XLink configuration tool
- Under "Network Adaptor" select your wireless card
- Start the XLink GUI
Now, to play:
- Enable your wireless card
- Switch on your PSP and fire up any XLink supported Ad Hoc game
- Your PSP and Windows PC should be able to talk with each other
- Select an arena that corresponds to your game. And play!
Wireless Network Card Compatibility List
CARDS THAT *SHOULD* WORK
WLI-CB-G54 (PCMCIA) - conflicting success reports
WLI-U2-KG54-AI (USB) - conflicting success reports
WLI2-CF-S11 (Compact Flash Card)
Microsoft MN-720 (PCMCIA)
WMP54GS (PCI) - some problems with hosting apparently *UK/US version*
WPC54GS-JP (PCMCIA) *JAPANESE version*
PC with WiFi
Sony VAIO PCG-U101
Dell Truemobile 1300
HP Pavilion ZE4908US (Broadcom 802.11b/g)
CARDS THAT *SHOULDN'T* WORK
PC with WiFi
Vaio PCG-V505 (LAN-Express IEEE 802.11)
MA111 (USB) - version 2 doesn't work, version 1 does apparently