-= How to use PVNC 1.1 =-
NHD released the new version of PVNC... now its faster, no crashes and almost everything was fixed/optimized... this version just ROX!
[Section 1 - Using Static IP on your PSP]
- Well first of all go to NETWORK SETTINGS.
- Choose INFRASTRUCTURE MODE.
- Create a NEW CONNECTION if you already dont have one.
- Name that connection if you want and press D-pad right.
- Choose SCAN and then select you acess point (normally 100%).
- Adress Settings - select CUSTOM.
- IP Address Setings - select MANUAL
- Here choose an IP for your PSP ( Choose a POSSIBLE IP like 192.168.1.XXX )
Use 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask
On Default Router type your router's IP (usually its 192.168.1.1)
And then type your router's primary and secondary DNS
Obs: To find your router's DNS go to the status at the config menu (usually 192.168.1.1). Below a picture from LINKSYS status windows
Now its better to save and POWER OFF YOUR PSP and then POWER UP again...
Go again at NETWORK SETTINGS -> INFRASTRUCTURE MODE and with you connection selected PRESS TRIANGLE
A sub-menu will appear. Choose TEST CONNECTION (See screen below)
If everything goes fine you will see the screen below:
Now the final thing to do is go to POWER SAVE SETTINGS and disable WLAN POWER SAVE. With this on you'll just loose speed using PVNC.
- You can use WEP if you want ... I tested and worked fine but it may lower the speed so use at your own risk
- For a more explained guide to configure PSP to Router connection use the link below
[ PSP Wi-Fi Guide ] - Network Connection with Wireless router
Obs: - Need to Register First
[Section 2 - Installing TightVNC on your computer]
(Yeah people i tried REALVNC with the "Pool for changes to the Desktop" and TIGHTVNC is faster)
Use the link below to install the latest version:
[ Download ] - TightVNC 1.2.9 Windows Installer
- Install it and be sure that the "TightVNC Server" is selected.
- Find the shortcut and run the one that says "Launch TightVNC Server"
- Double click on the system tray icon of TightVNC and choose a password. Click OK
- Idle the mouse over the TightVNC System icon to get your IP (you will need this!)
[Section 3 - Using PVNC 1.1 on your PSP]
Dowload it below:
[ Download ] - PVNC 1.1
- Extract and go to the BIN folder... there you have to copy to your PSP (PSP/GAME/) all the files of 1.0 or 1.5 folders (Use the one compatible with your firmware)
- Go to your PSP game menu and run the Portable VNC Viewer
- On this first screen select your network... it will be the IP that you choose for your PSP
- Now go to the NEW HOST icon. Type here the IP you got from you computer's TIGHTVNC. You can choose a name for it if you want.
- Choose an icon and you are done
- Now go to the IP that you typed and choose a name, icon and select it
NOTE! - Some people are having problem creating a HOST cause they EXTRACTED the ZIP in a wrong way... If this happened to you then your main PVNC folder (not the % one) will have no HOSTS folder! To fix this you can try to extract again or just create a folder named HOSTS on you main PVNC folder. Now you should be able to create a host.
- If all works fine you will have to type a password (the one you typed on TightVNC configuration windows)
- Done! You are connected... now you can just use your computer with your PSP!
PVNC 1.1 Configuration:
R+X - Mouse Button 1 (If you just press X it will act weird sometimes)
 - Mouse Button 2
O - Mouse Button 3 (Middle button)
/\ - Choose betwen Mouse mode and Keyboard mode
START - Uses Gamemode (you can only get out of this mode using the HOME button and selecting Mouse mode again)
SELECT - Scrool Mode (Press again to go back to mouse mode)
Thats pretty much it.. you can go to the OPTIONS screen to select the speed of the analog and dpad and some other stuffs...
Hope this helps.. if i wrote something wrong just correct me so i can edit it :)