UPDATE Here is a video of the select problem and the screen going blank problem http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBPHtAN1sRg
I was installing a screenprotector thingy onto my psp about a couple of days ago. I sprayed some windex and water on the screen to make the screenprotector stick better(and to clean it so it looks profeesional). But somehow water got into the psp and its acting really wierd. The reason I waited a couple of days before i posted this problem is because I have been letting it dry, but the problem still persists after I dried it so here are the symptoms:
*When I enter the typing tool (The psp "keyboard" by sony) it will constantly change the characters (like pressing select button) and it is like its on AUTOFIRE
*The screen will black out every once in a while and then i have to reboot psp or hard reboot it. (FIXED AFTER DRYING)
*When i use the screen button on the psp next to the mute button thingy to turn off the screen, it stays off.
* When I try to exit anything (homebrew,umd etc) and i come up to the "Are you sure u wanna exit yes or no) it woint move and it acts like it is frozen UNLESS i press select
*some buttons are on autofire.
* a Separate problem with SmashGPSP ... the buttons wont work (Im guessing its cuz of the select button) and after i join a game (Single player time mode for example) it will work perfectly agai... wierd
* When i try to run 2.71 internet (Using vshex and devhook) explorer it doesnt let me in. I think its also cuz of the SELECT autofire, but does select stop you from going into internet browser on psp?
* When in VSHEX mod or just plain devhook (usually vshex mod) I can not press home in the XMB of devhook VSHEX to change the devhook settings. HELP
* When palying Medal of Honor i can not use the select button as jump. But wen i press start and exit the start menu (Double tap start button) it will jump...strange... DAM SELECT BUTTON!!!
There are more problems but I have yet to discover them, i will update my problems list as i find more.