First of all I have a 2.5 FW and use GTA for homebrew a lot of the time
so, i will list the cons of upgrading to the new FW first:
1. no more homebrew via GTA (3.00 will most likely have new and better security settings)
2. Less chance of downgrade (the font hack looks hopefull and why do you think sony is taking so long to release the 3.00 FW?-to make sure there are NO exploits to be found)
However, since my list of cons are so short, it seems almost obvious to upgrade, and these are the pros
1. Flash support (will they play all .swf files? do we have download them from Sony/pay for them?)
2. PSX emulator (OMG, if this could work out well, i would definately upgrade. HOWEVER, do we play our OWN games or do we, once again, have to PAY SONY for them? because i have tons of PS1 games that i want to rip onto the comp and then onto the MS)
3. downloadable games? Does this mean SONY will be charging us AGAIN? are they finally going to use the MS for games (like it was supposed to be)?
4. Eyetoy/GPS add-on : gonna come in handy one day, and eyetoy portable would be cool
so, unless we get to use ANY PS1 ISOs to play on the PSX emu, ANY .swf file for the flash player, and possibly an exploit (lol), i would upgrade
otherwise i would just stay with my 2.5 FW
what about u guys?
sony has finally become smart in knowing what their consumers want instead of jsut some crappy secutity features so i am really gonna have to think this upgrade over
and to all the 1.5 users, do you think you'll upgrade?
are the benefits of some ISOs better than a PSX EMU/flash support/GPS/camera/Eyetoy/downloadable games?
leave any comments