Considering so many people have bricked a PSP, it's time to compile their stories. If anything, reading this thread will help people NOT brick they PSP - or maybe just laugh at the unfortunate.
I bricked my PSP when I attempted the 2.60->1.50 exploit. I ran the downgrader perfectly, wasn't a TA-082, yet instead of rebooting, my PSP did a continuous load for 20 minutes. After waiting so long, I did a dead reboot, and my PSP was bricked. I believe the cause was the fact that I used eMenu instead of eLoader - but some people have said it worked for them w/ eMenu, so I am still confused why it didn't work.
Post your bricked PSP stories.