[GUIDE] RemoteJoy GUI & Game Compatibility List
RemoteJoy GUI Guide
Preface: After having ( a little ) difficulty getting RemoteJoy GUI
working since the ReadMe may not be entirely sufficient for most users, I
decided to write a guide that goes into a little more detail.
-Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
1. First off, download the .NET 2.0 framework and install it.
This allos for the RemoteJoy GUI application to run. If you don't install
it, you will have to manually type the different commands and whatnot.
2. After running the .NET installation, unzip the RemoteJoy folder.
Inside, you will see another archive entitled 'LibUSB'. Unzip that archive as well.
3. As soon as your done extracting LibUSB, go into the folder titled
'PSP FW 3.XX OE'. Copy the PSPLink folder into: X:/PSP/GAME3XX/.
4. Go into the folder called 'SEPlugins' and copy all of the *.prx's
the seplugins folder on your PSP, which should be located at X:/seplugins
5. I regret to inform that you whilst getting RemoteJoy working myself, I
had to go and install the driver, I am not aware of how to undo this, else I would
provide screenshots and all the nessecary steps into doing it. If someone can tell me
how to remove the LibUSB driver, I'll undo everything and add screenshots. So until
then, the ReadMe will have to do.
6. After you've got LibUSB working, turn off your PSP, and boot into Recovery Mode
Originally Posted by ReadMe
by holding in 'R'. Go into plugins and disable all of your plugins. The specific *.prx's
that you just stuck in there don't need to be activated. But for simplicity's sake, just
7. Exit recovery and launch 'PSPLink v3.0 OE' from the GAME section.
8. For now, all you should see is a black background with some white text at top.
Go into the RemoteJoy GUI folder and launch the 'RemotejoyGUI' application. You should
now see a new window. It should look like this.
9. click the 'Start' button under the picture that reads 'USBHost FS'.
A new cmd window should pop up. If all goes well, it should look like this.
10. click 'Start' under the picture that reads 'PSPSH'. A new window will
show up, it should look like this.
11. You now have a choice, you can either go fullscreen with or without an
FPS counter, or a windowed view with or without an FPS counter. I like the windowed
without FPS counter best. Whichever you choose, click an option. Depending on what
you chose, a new dialog box shows up. It should look somewhat like this.
12. Select the 'Load Rjoy PRX' option in the RemoteJoy GUI. Now the RemoteJoySDL
window should show what's on your PSP at the moment. Which - if you followed this guide -
should have the white text at the top of the screen.
13. Now you can pick the 'Load VSH' button in the RemoteJoy GUI application.
**Note: It can be tricky getting it to run. Sometimes I will have to click 'Reset VSH'
and others 'Load VSH'. I think it's actually just the order in which you do it. I'll
have to update this guide some more later. It's getting late anyway. >_>**
14. If all went well, in the 'RemoteJoySDL' cmd window, you should see the XMB.
Now for some pictures.
15. This guide is still a very much work-in-progress. By all means post tips/hints/solutions/alternatives, whatever.
I shall give credit where credit is due.
I have been having issues hooking up my PSP to my computer after doing this, I've reverted to just using my MS reader instead, so be wary. I'm not responsible for issues you may have.
Some more games for the compatability list.
Bleach heat the soul ------ Works Nicely.
Burnout Legends ------ Works fine until you have to load your savegame.
Dungeon Siege ------ Crashes upon startup
Dragon Ball Z Shin Boku ------ Mostly crashes in menu but it will run after a few trys, then will cash during gameplay.
Family Guy ------ Working.
Fast And The Furious Tokyo Drift ------ Working.
Final Fantasy 20TH Anniversary ------ Wont Start.
Full Auto 2 BattleLines ------ Works untill you have to load or create save game.
GTA Vice City ------ Crashes when trying to load save game.
Lego Star Wars 2 ------ Not Working - Crashes at menu.
Loco Roco ------ Working (Sometimes crashes).
Medal Of Honor Heroes ------ Working.
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops ------ Crashes when trying to load game, start new game, mutiplayer etc...
Need For Speed Carbon ------ Starts then crashes in menu.
Pilot Acadamy ------ Crashes if you try to load/save your game.
PQ ------ PSP Crashes after first intro screen.
Tekken ------ Working fast.
Winning Eleven 9 ------ Works Nicely.
Wipeout Pure ------ Plays extremely fast and playable
Yu-Gi-Oh GX ------ Won't Start