This step by step guide is for setting up DOS games to start on your PSP. You should note that the games wont really work yet, as their is no way to control them. This is for games that fit into the 10MB image coming with FreeDos.
I used Black Cauldron to test this, which you can download here
1. Download the PSP Eboots of Bochs
PSP Firmware 1.0
PSP Firmware 1.5
Put this in your PSP/GAME folder like any homebrew.
2. Download my vm.zip
3. Extract this to your PSP root, so you have a 'vm' folder there
4. Download and install WinImage
5. Install the DOS game of your choice to c:\mygame
6. Open c.img and open it with WinImage. Open WinImage, then choose File->Open->c.img (do not load it by double clicking the image file!!!). Be sure to open it from your memory stick.
7. Choose Image->'Inject a directory' and choose the directory you installed the game in (dont use more than 8 chars for the folder name, I exctracted Black Cauldron and renamed the folder to 'bc').
8. Create an autoexec.bat file and edit it like this:
bc (or whatever the games name is, in this case bc.com, might be joust for joust.exe or whatever).
9. Choose Image->Inject and choose the autoexec.bat you just created.
10. Choose File->Save
Start your 'Boch' eboot and the game should load after some time and some DOS messages.
If you want it quick and dirty, download blackcauldron.zip
Extract it in root and copy the eboot(s) to your PSP/GAME folder (see step 1)