For the last few hours, I've googled around to find a
way to disable magicgate in 5.50GEN-A/B cos I use a
photofast cr-5400, which is super laggy when magicgate
is enabled. IRshell is used to disable this troublesome
feature, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be
working on 5.50GEN, only on 5.00 M33. I may have found
out the solution microSD adapter /sandisk mem stick
Hacked psp running 5.50GEN-A/B
Memory stick with IRshell for 5.00
Despertar del Cementario v8 installed
500.pbp(OFW 5.00 sony update) on the root of mem stick.
Make sure you are using 5.50GEN-A/B or there will
probably be no point in going through this process.
1. Launch DC8 the usual way you would using your pandora
2. Select "test M33" option. It will launch you into
5.00m33-4. PLUG YOUR PSP INTO MAINS POWER AND REMOVE THE
3. Launch IRshell in 5.00m33-4 xmb
4. Go to the IRshell settings and toggle the option to
disable magicgate to "off/disabled"
5. GO back to the root menu of IRshell and go to
directory view> IRSHELL> PATCH> 5.00 and launch the
6.AND THERE, MAGICGATE IS DISABLED IN 5.50 GENA/B.