[Ideas for] Downgrader K.I.S.S Rules, we want progress not hate!
After reading some of the crap that seems to have been let into the PSP scene, I thought it might be decent to make a small unofficial rule set for Downgrader threads.
- Basic post guides, http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php http://www.pspupdates.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9974
- There is FAR too much spam saying 'I hope this works' & 'you suck because your downgrader doesn't work' etc, Can we please just keep to the purpose of these threads and HELP the people working on it..
- Please do not flame people for releasing their progress, if people want help with their downgrader it is unfair to put them down.
- Vent your non-working downgrader frustration on a wall, not the people still working on it.
- Flaming discourages people from making progress. Who wants to help people who don't appreciate it? Not me and probably not you either.
- If someones idea is the same as a previous one, just link the thread.
- If YOUR idea is 'finished' but you 'just need to test it' DON'T post it as 'Working!' etc, because it usually doesn't. Use search.
- Don't ask for donations, If you need something, chances are someone else has it. Just post your progress and let other people try it. If your downgrader works, chances are you will have all the donations you want.
- Don't link and say 'this seems to work'. Test it yourself first.
- Don't have a release date. Just release it when your ready - without the hype.
- Most of all don't say it is a 'waste of time' or 'downgraders will never work'. You are NOT helping anyone. Just remember if someone wants to work on a downgrader that is their choice not yours.
Thats all I can think of for now, let me know of any I might have missed out, or how I can simplify this list.
If you really have to flame this post, please use Constructive Critisism.
Collaborate: instead of having 'teams' that guard their progress from each other, co-operate wherever possible. I think that a solution will be a mix of exploits not just a continuation of one.