Pretty sure almost nobody knows about this because of the lack of people having friends with psp's and GTA but yesterday while playing multiplayer with my friend I COULD NOT FALL OFF MY BIKE!!!! I have heard no reports of the cheat device working in multiplayer and a lot of requests to get it working in multiplayer so i decided to post my findings.
So heres what i did:
I was playing using the cheat device in singleplayer then wanted to play multiplayer so i unloaded the device (L+R+^). I then went to host a game and the screen did not flicker like it does when the device is still loaded. The first time we connected i lost my connection right as the loading bar was full. I then hosted again and this time everything went through as expected but i noticed i couldn't fall off of my bike.
Here are some of the specifics:
- I was using v0.3c on my v2.00 psp
- My friend was using v0.2 on his v2.00 psp
- I unloaded the device to use multiplayer
- First time connection failed at the end of loading (might be irrelevant)
- Second time connection worked
- I couldn't fall off my bike but my friend still could (prolly due to v0.2)
- I unloaded device with bike cheat on
- The multiplayer mode was Liberty City Survivor
I felt it very neccesary to share this because of the whole kernel vs user mode debate.
You need kernel to initialize wifi and the code was still altered after switching to wifi.
I find this not to be a proof of concept that it enables kernel but merely proof that kernel calls were made while the exploit was still being run.
I hope this leads to more info regarding this exploit and i hope this shows that wifi will be enabled using this exploit.
PSP radio. I have missed you so!