I went as far as i could guys. Frustration began to set in.
Get ready for a long ride, but follow every step and you shall be victorious!
1) Goto http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe
2) Run setup.exe
3) Select "Install from Internet" option,
4) Install into C:\Cygwin
5) Choose a download site.
6) When you get a list of packages, click the '+' next to the "Admin" category
6a) Select the "cygrunsrv" package. (Select by clicking on SKIP)
6b) Then click the '+' next to the "Net" category,
6c) Select both the "inetutils" package and the "openssh" package (Click on SKIP) (allow SSL to be selected aswell)
6d) Continue downloading and Cygwin should now be installed.
7) Get Mplayer from: http://armory.nicewarrior.org/mirror...r-20050113.exe
8) Install in directly into C:\Cygwin\bin (i.e. all the files of Mplayer are amonst the other files located in the bin folder)
9) Just click GO and make file associations.
**Now read carefully because you are setting up telnet:
10) Launch Cygwin and type:
iu-config (press enter)
10b) Then type:
mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd (that is a lower case L) (press enter)
(if you goto c:\cygwin\etc there should be a file called passwd. Open it up in notepad and user accounts and
passwords should have been added) (you will need these to log in when you use peldet)
Edit /etc/passwd and delete everything but the accounts you want to have access permissions.
Make sure that your home directory (ie, c:\cygwin\home\kc5frp\) exists.
Then type the following command into the window:
10c) cygrunsrv -I inetd -d "CYGWIN inetd" -p /usr/sbin/inetd -a -d -e CYGWIN=ntsec (now hit enter to run)
10d) cygrunsrv -S inetd (now hit enter to run)
**Now, you should be able to telnet and ftp into your machine.
11) Take an .avi file and rename to something small so that you can type it quickly on Peldet later.
12) Then launch Cygwin and in the window type the following:
mplayer -quiet -vo caca C:\\jcb.avi (yes, use double forward slashes) (and jcb.avi is the name of my video file, which i put i the C drive) (It will look something like the original video file, but rendered in ascii!)
13) If this works then create a text file with that command as its contents.
14) Give it a short name and put it in C:\Cygwin\bin (to save typing on psp)
15) In the cygwin bash console type:
chmod +x a.txt (where C:\\a.txt is the file you just made)
15a) Press enter
15b) Now to run it, type:
a.txt (it should do the same thing as when you ran the whole command)
***I'll go slightly easier on the hand holding now***
16) Get the Peldet333Mhz version and install it onto the PSP
17) Create a txt file called peldetfav.txt and place it in the root dir of your mem stick.
17b) Inside it, type:
192.168.0.2:23 telnet my computer (where 192.168.0.2 is your IP) (Keep 23 as the port)
18) Launch Peldet
Goto http://www.niwra.nl/psp/p-sprint-c/doc/ to learn how to type.
Here are a few tips though:
to bring up keyboard press the right shoulder button
to switch from ability to input alphabet to ability to input numbers, hold Up and press X
to use the variation of any button (i.e. Colon instead of Semi-Colon hold Up and press the first symbol in white, then press the other symbol)
18b) Your favourite should appear on startup though, so learning PSprint shoudn't be an immediate problem.
18c) Navigate to where it says my computer and press x
*And this is where i am stuck* I AM LEFT WITH A CONNECTION TIME OUT
19) Now you should log in
20) Now run a.txt
EDIT: Forgot to credit Danzel for help with the guide! and of course for creating peldet! Sorry man.