I have been working with Christophe, the original author of PSPVice over the last week or so. He was kind enough to send me his latest source code. I have been able to recompile it so that it will work with firmware 2.6 and fanjita's eLoader .97
While I was at it, I threw in a few other goodies.
1. True Drive Emulation works! :Jump:
I can't guarantee your favorite image will work, but there is a good bet that it does. I tested on the following:
Project Stealth Fighter
Legacy of the Ancients
It causes a pretty big hit to performance during drive access. I would definately recommend that you use the 333Mhz overclock if you turn on true drive emulation. (standard disclaimer here...I can't be responsible for any damage to your PSP while using this setting)
2. The file explorer will now list .G64 format files.
3. "Quit PSPVice" is on the main menu. This will bring you back to the eLoader menu
Now for the details:
To get it working:
1. Download PSPViceV04beta.zip (several sites, I'm not including the link here)
2. After installing, download the following file, and replace the EBOOT.PBP file with the one in this archive:
3. Copy all the contents from PSPVice/PSPViceDatas/drivesys into PSPVice/PSPViceDatas/c64sys (I'm not sure why, but my version is looking for these files in the c64 directory, not the drivesys directory)
Christophe has all the changes that I have made, and they should appear in the next official release.