Guide to Painless Web Surfing with PVNC
1 Wy use psp & pvnc to browse internet?
It's comfortable to lie in the bed and browse with such light weight yet high quality screen. More reasons are for sure.
2 What prevent us from serious browsing so far?
- Need to scroll around to see even just one line of article.
- The mouse scrolling is not accurate when reading long articles.
3 My solution:
- Leveraging the unique feature of opera 8: fit into width.
- Powerful shortcut configuration to make browsing only require
minimum key stoke/mouse movement
- Install opera.
- set the following short cuts in the advanced...
page down: "space"
page up: "shift space"
next page: "b"
prev page: "v"
fit into window: "n"
close window: "F2"
(personally, I think it's the best mapping for the typical browsing as I described later. The moving distance are very small)
- resize the opera browser window so that browsing area can fit into screen.(Note: address bar, page tab should be out of screen for best effect)
- put the opera on any bottom corner for easier relocate screen after possible screen movement.
- adjust the mouse speed: dpad to 1 and analog stick full.
- let the key stay on the "space"
- Now you are ready to rock !!!
5 Example sequence during browsing:
a. use O key to open desired pages in background, could use "space" to pagedown.
b. use b to select next page, n to make it fit into width, and "space" to page down to skip the usual unrelevant text(titles, ads).
c. keep using "space" to page down to read the entire page
d. goto b if more pages left, otherwise goto e.
e. use "F2" to close current page. (note: only one stroke need to get to "F2" from "space" and vice versa)
f. goto e if more pages to be closed, otherwise goto a if want to browse more. Or just finished browsing.