2.70/2.71 Downgrade Instructions
Please E-Mail me at email@example.com with any feedback or suggestions
Story Behind It
I was updating to 2.71 one day when I decided that I didn't want to update. I quickly pulled out the Memory Stick and to my surprise I didn't brick my PSP. I simply got a message saying "The Memory Stick Duo is not properly inserted. Insert a Memory Stick Duo to resume update." I was so relieved. I reinserted it and now im stuck with 2.71. But, thanks to this downgrade I made, every firmware can now be downgraded!
How To Install
NOTE: Two (2) Memory Stick Duos are required.
1. Extract the "PSP 2.70+2.71 Downgrade.zip" to somewhere on your computer.
2. Connect your PSP to you computer via USB Cable.
3. Open the "PSP 2.70+2.71 Downgrade" folder you extracted earlier, open the "Memory Stick 1" folder and drag the "UPDATE" folder into the "GAME" folder on your PSP. The extension should read: (Your PSP's Drive):/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP.
4. Switch your PSP's Memory Stick and reconnect your PSP to your computer via USB Cable.
5. Open the "PSP 2.70+2.71 Downgrade" folder you extracted earlier, open the "Memory Stick 2" folder and drag the "UPDATE" folder into the "GAME" folder on your PSP. The extension should read: (Your PSP's Drive):/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP.
How To Downgrade
Insert the first Memory Stick Duo and start the 2.80 firmware update. Start the update and at "0%" PULL THE MEMORY STICK DUO OUT!!! If you pull it out any later than that it could brick your PSP! So, have the Memory Stick Duo Gate open and ready to pull the Memory Stick Duo Out. If you fail to get the Memory Stick Duo out in time, don't panic. Just insert the first Memory Stick Duo again and just install the 2.80 update. Then just wait a month or two for the next firmware update to come out so I can make a new downgrade.
!!!I AM NOT RESPONSIBE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PSP WHILE RUNNING THIS SOFTWARE OR WHILE THIS SOFTWARE IS ON YOUR MEMORY STICK DUO