I finally got it to work on 2.71, Thanks FreePlay, BIG HELP!
This should work for 2.7+ up to 2.8. FreePlay has confirmed it!
Not easy at all, took my 2 hours to fix the problem. I've listed the files to download. There has been problems, usually results in a blue screen before. the problem was the actual FONTMOD folder, so I used FreePlay one and worked, so I listed it here.
Files to download
FontMod Folder by FreePlay
XVI_32 Hex Editor
Copy FontMod Folder to your ms0:/ First listed above
So now it will be ms0:/fontmod
1. First Restore Default Settings
2. Run the Font Hack Installer, and press X to copy your registry to your Memory Stick.
3. Copy the system.dreg and system.ireg files from your Memory Stick to the parsedreg3a folder.
4. Open system.dreg in a XVI_32 hex editor. Replace "flash0:/font" with "ms0:/fontmod". Save the file.
5. Double-click fixupdreg3.exe . It should pop up a window that closes automatically. Your registry should now be fixed.
6. Copy system.dreg and system.ireg back from the parsedreg3a folder to where you found them on your Memory Stick.
7. Use FontHack 0.93 and choose your font(true type) and install it to your psp.
8. Run the Font Hack Installer again, and press Circle to install your modified registry to flash1:/registry
9. You shouldn't now see the Blue Screen now and now it should show your custom font.
I hope this works. Please PM for problems.