READ THIS!! IF YOU HAVE TA-082 HARDWARE DO NOT DOWNGRADE PAST 2.5. ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSEABLE FOR THE BRICK! CHECK HERE!!
This was all made possible by Dark_Alex and his team, and other testers. I just recompiled this into an easy to use EXE file so you can run and downgrade without any problems.
This is the READ ME... Format your PSP MEMORYSTICK (be sure to back up all info on the mem stick first) Plug in PSP and change the directory below to your psp Drive: (ex: X:/
NOT X:/PSP/ !!!!!) Extract and wait for all the files to be written Now unplug PSP.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED: Dark_AleX's Homebrew Enabler Rev.C
Scroll down till you get to the downgrading steps. FROM THE INCLUDED READ ME WITH EDITED TEXT "Update Instruction for people with revision A installed ------------------------------------------------------- To update from HEN revision A to B, hard reset your psp (to make sure that hen is not running). Run the tif found in the PHOTO folder. The new files will be automatically updated.
People without any version of hen installed, just follow the instructions below.
- Go to the PHOTO viewer of the XMB and enter in the folder "HENC". - If the psp just freeze, reboot your psp and try again. Currently the tiff is very unstable and it is only executed sometimes. I'll try to improve that in the future.
- The first time you run the program, you will see quickly a blue screen, and after that a screen that can be of two colors:
* Red: the files couldn't be written to the flash (it hapens a few times). Just keep trying. * Green: The files were written succesfully. After that, the xmb will be rebooted. Now you can run the homebrew in format prepared for 2.71. (see details below).
- As mentioned before, the patch will remain resident in memory, and even entering sleep mode won't delete it. Only a hardware reset will remove the program from memory.
- When you do a hardware reset, you'll have to run the tiff again. This time there won't be green or red screen, just a blue screen and xmb reboot, since this time there is no need to write to the flash.
Note: the files pspbtknf.txt, pspbtknf_game.txt, pspbtknf_updater, and systemctrl.prx in the root of the memory stick are only needed the first time the program is executed. After that you can delete those. However, don't delete patch.bin, h.bin and the folder with the tiff, since you will need those the next time you do a hard reset and want to run the program again.
Note2: Once the program is loaded, it is independant of the memory stick contents. So you can freely swap memory sticks."
NOW TIME TO DOWNGRADE!
All the files needed to DOWNGRADE YOUR PSP to 1.5 is included, all you have to do is run te program with the Homebrew enabler...
OMGOMG you are done! Enjoy!!
"Credits and thanks. -------------------
- Coded by Dark_AleX
- Booster for creating devhook. HEN reboot method is based on devhook one.
- Nopx86, psp250, fanjita and all the others of the tiff exploit.
- hitchhikr for the kernel exploit of 2.50-2.71.
- Mathieulh for the help provided these two months that i was without psp.
Anticredits: ****** for impersonating me in their forums. I don't believe your circus."