Dark_Alex's 2.71 Special Edition PSP Firmware coming soon
Dark_Alex is about to release a 2.71 custom firmware for non-TA-082 devices called 2.71 SE (SE stands for Special Edition). Check out the IMPRESSIVE feature list:
Didn't feel like translating the spanish news, so I just got it from Maxconsole.
The revision A will feature:
- 1.00/1.50 Eboot support (both kernel and user mode)
- 2.71 Eboot support (both kernel and user mode)
- run on 2.71 vsh
- Ability to run devhook (both 1.50 and 2.71 versions are fully compatible)
- Ability to run any 2.71 (and below UMDs)
- 1.00/1.50 prx executable support
- support both kxploited and unpatched eboots for 1.50 kernel
- support any 2.71 homebrews codded for HEN C
- Compatibility is 100% for 2.71 homebrews and approx 99% for 1.00/1.50 homebrews
How does it work ?
Both 1.50 and 2.71 kernel are flashed into flash0
it uses 1.50 kernel to bootstrap patched 2.71 firmware
How to flash it?
You will need to use the helper that will be provided to get a complying dump into a DXAR format, once you get it done properly use the flasher to "update" to the 2.71 SE-A
Pros and cons ? :
Pros : - Full 2.71 homebrew support
- Almost full 1.50 homebrews support (some homebrews like umdemu or xflash might not work properly with it, still so far all of the 1.50 homebrews I tried worked fine)
- Recovery menu
- Full Devhook support
- Access to all 2.71 features
- Native 2.71 UMD support
- 1.50 decrypted prx executable support
- Real no-kxploit embebed (thus 1.00 unpatched eboot support)
- have access to all 2.71 kernel features using 2.71 homebrews, such as GPS support or wpa support.
Only known con: takes about 1-2 second(s) more to load the firmware at startup
It seems like it was supose to come out tonight, but DA decided to change the date, do to a few little bugs... :)
This is great news... makes me want to upgrade to 2.71
Ok, just found another thread that says almost everything this one said, and it is closed... Sorry if this bothered anybody. :down: