Ok I know how to write to Flash0:/ I wrote the guide on it. But one thing i'd like to know is how to record your own bootsound because there is a song I would like for it.
-= Double Post =-
Thread closed I found out
Referance: PSP-Hacks Forums
Here it is, the Bootsound Tutorial. First, you will need the following ZIP package:
Rapidshare:Custom Bootsound Creation.zip
Sendspace: Custom Bootsound Creation.zip
Unzip The file and lets get started!
1. See the PSPMenuEdit.exe? Run it. On the right menu it says 'Edit Coldboot Startup Sound' Click on '...' Now select the opening_plugin.rco that came with the package. Then hit Extract Audio. It will extract the ColdBoot.vag same folder that opening_plugin.rco is located. Its called ColdBoot.vag. This is the original PSP Sound file.
2. Run MFAudio.exe and input the ColdBoot.vag. Now for Output, select WAV and choose the spot to save it to. Run The newly formatted WAV file in Windows Media Player. Sounds like the PSP opening sound right? It is!
3. Get the sound that you want to be your bootsound, and make sure it is in 16-Bit WAV format! If it isnt in 16-bit WAV format, then get a converter for it or it wont work! MFAudio only supports 16-bit. I learned that most of mine were 8-bit. WARNING: Bootsound MUST be NO MORE than 4 seconds long, and NO LESS than 1 second long, or it will not work and if you flash it, you may brick!
4. Once you get your 1-4 second 16-bit WAV sound, go into MFAudio, and import it, then export it as a VAG. Now, lets test it in devhook, to make sure it wont brick. Go into PSPMenuEdit.exe again, load the opening_plugin.rco again, but this time hit 'Import new Audio' Rename the VAG that was generated to ColdBoot.vag, and import that. IT MUST BE CALLED ColdBoot.vag OR IT WONT WORK. now it will auto-patch itself. Now, copy the opening_plugin.rco to x:/dh/(firmware testing with)/vsh/resource/ and confirm replacement. Now load devhook. Does it work? if so then good!
5. Flashing to 1.50. Follow my instructions EXACTLY or you will brick your psp! Look at the ColdBoot.vag. Is is 99 KB or less? If not, then DO NOT USE IT OR IT WILL BRICK!!! If it is even 1kb above 99kb, then dont use it. Anything below 99kb is fine. Copy your ColdBoot.vag to x:/PSP/Game/XFLASH (or whatever its called)/xflash/Modified/ and paste it there. Now load up X-Flash. PLUG THE A/C IN! (thats the battery charger noob!). Now go down to APPLY ALTERNATE SOUND EFFECT. Hit the right button until you see the messege ' Change the standard opening sound effect, XMB error, or select sound effects. Press 'X' to apply External opening Sound with ColdBoot.vag' Hit the X button and it will flash. Have fun with your new bootsound!