I just figured this out myself and found it fun to play around with.
For the record, I wrote this by myself (didnt copy it from a website).
This is basically how to change:
First off, I'm doing this from a firmware version 1.50 perspective (two folders)
If you have 1.00 or 2.00+ then the same basic principles apply, there will just be a few extra files inside the eboot.
To start out, you will need three things:
1. Installed homebrew (if you dont know how to install homebrew...read some stickies around the site)
2. PBP Unpacker installed on your computer.
3. An icon and/or a menu background that you want to replace with the original one(s).
---If you dont know what I'm talking about, look at the picture below:
---A good place to get these is
---note: If you download your images and they are in a format other than .PNG (like .JPG or .BMP) then you need to convert them
Once you have all that...we'll start.
For this tutorial, we will be focusing on the EBOOT.PBP files within the folder with the "%" sign:
1. Open up the folder with the % sign as shown above (green box) and open that EBOOT.PBP file using PBP Unpacker
2. Right click on the file PARAM.SFO and say "extract"
----You can extract this file to anywhere that you will remember...its only going to be there temporarily...I suggest the desktop of your computer.