TA-082 downgrader by Dark_AleX/Mathieulh/Harleyg
This is an application to downgrade a ta-082 unit running 2.71 firmware and HEN-D
to 1.50, although teoretically can downgrade to any version, but only 1.50 has been tested.
The application, at the moment of writing this readme was tested in 5 psp's, with 5 success.
As always, this kind of application have risks, this one in concrete write to idstorage area
The authors don't get responsabilized of any damage that may happen by the use of this
unlicensed software. You are on your own when doing it.
The method of ta-082 downgrade is based on research on hardware-downgraded ta-082 selled in ebay.
We realized that the process was not very complex, and easy to imitate by software.
READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS AND DON'T SKIP ANY STEP
- Copy the UPDATE and idstoragechange folders into /PSP/GAME/
- Get the official sony 1.50 eboot and put it in the /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder with the name of
- Run HEN-D if you are not already running it.
- Execute the idstoragechange. It needs 75% battery.
It will change some keyes of your idstorage needed to downgrade the ta-082.
- The program will exit to the XMB. Now execute the generic downgrade, which will show in the xmb
as "Update X.YX" in the psp language.
- The generic downgrader will also need 75% battery. IT will downgrade your psp to 1.50.
- At the end, it will ask you to press X to restart the psp. Do it.
- If all went fine, you'll receive a blue screen telling you to press O. Do it, and reenter your settings.
Welcome to 1.50.
- If things didn't go that fine, you'll have a non-functional psp, aka brick.
You accepted that risk, remember.
Many thanks to the betatesters
Caramona, Serge, Lagon, Marcos, Combes and Marco Antonio Paulino.
Btw, We are sad that yoshihiro left the scene, he is a great dev and will be missed. Thanks for all!