ok, im using 3.03 ea' and i wanted to use cIntro. Unfortunetly, due to the lack of free flash0 space and not wanting to run the chance of bricking, i wanst able to. Instead i was able to use the original cIntro which ran off the memory stick. It requires some modification to the installion instructions, but can run without any alterations to the program itself and quite simple. I figured for those of you who dont want to risk bricking, I would write a little guide to help you experience the awesomeness of this sweet program. Here it is:
First download the original copy of the program located here: http://dl.qj.net/CIntro-PSP-Homebrew...0679/catid/140
Ok the original instructions call for the modification of the config.txt located in the SYSTEM folder. This used to be used for the custom firmwares like 1.5, but not the 3.00 and above ones. So instead,
- copy the INTRO folder found in the .rar file you download and put it into the SYSTEM folder in your psp's memory stick.
- Now you need to copy the same folder to whatever folder you have defaulted for running 1.5 kernal (for me this is simply the GAME folder but you need to consult ur recovery mode to see what yours is).
- Next you need to rename the folder that u copied to GAME (or whatever) to BOOT and then open it and delete the "intro" file (this is not nessasary and basically taking up space).
- Now that this is done, go to your SYSTEM folder and open up the INTRO folder that u just copied there. You will see the exact same files as the one you placed in the GAME folder. This is where you place your .pmf file that you want to use for the coldboot movie. Rename it "intro" and overwrite the current one. Now the hardpart is over.
- Cold start your psp and enter recovery mode. You need to enable auto run program.
And thats about it. Now everytime you cold boot your psp, youll see ur sweet movie and you can change it freely and even remove it without writing to the flash!
Thanks to: Piccahoe, Dark Alex, and anyone else that helped to devolope these two awesome programs and anyone i forgot to mention