This guide will allow you to convert PMF to AVI so that you can edit them.
Original Audio available, thanks to gamesadict's advices.
Blue OPTION is to use Original audio.
Green OPTION is to use any other audio.
-Mplayer and mencodec Get them HERE
-VirtualDub (Stable) Get it HERE
To use Original Audio
- Audio-To-Audio cable to connect from PSP headphone line-out to your PC's audio line-in (Blue one).
- Audacity audio editor Get them HERE
1. Unrar the MPlayer-mingw32-1.0rc1.zip. From inside the mplayer folder grab the
mplayer.exe and mencoder.exe and put them in the root of your computer (C:\).
2. Get your pmf video and rename it to convert.pmf and put it in the C:\ as well.
3. Open up the Command Prompt (Star\Run\ enter cmd and click OK).
4. Once the Command Prompt appears, type cd c:\ and click Enter.
5. On the second line type mplayer convert.pmf -dumpvideo and click Enter.
6. On the third line type mencoder.exe stream.dump -ovc raw -noskip -ofps 29.97 -o done.avi and click Enter.
7. Go to your C:\ where you will find a done.avi video.
8. Since the done.avi is corrupted with junk data in it, you need an encoder such as VirtualDub.
9. Unrar the VirtualDub-1.6.17.zip and open up VirtualDub.exe.
10. Drag and Drop your done.avi video into the VirtualDub main screen.
OPTIONAL- To produce and insert original audio using VirtualDub
1. Plug in the Audio-To-Audio cable from PSP headphone line-out to your PC's audio line-in (Blue one). Make sure the PSP volume is all the way up.
2. Download, install and open Audacity.
3. Go to Edit>Preferences>Audio I/O> Set the channels to 2(Stereo).
4. Go to Edit>Preferences>File Formats> Make sure the Uncompressed export format is set to WAV (Microsoft 16 bit PCM).
5. Go to Edit>Preferences>Quality> Make sure Default Sample Rate is set to 44100 Hz and Default Sample Format to 16-bit
*Steps 3, 4 and 5 are required so that the output .avi is ready to be converted to .pmf without the need to encode it before.
6. When the video you want to get the audio from is playing, click on Record, and click on Stop when you are done.
(ADVICE: Try to record 1 or 2 second before the actual audio starts. After recording, on Audacity, highlight from where the colorful waves start big to the beginning and then go to Edit>Cut. You should have a more precise audio, IF NOT, use Step 10.
7. To save it, go to File>Export as WAV...
8. Once you have opened your done.avi video in VirtualDub, Go to Audio>WAV audio... to import the Wav audio that was just recorded.
9. To synchronize the audio and video go to Audio>Interleaving...> Make sure that the Enable video/audio interleaving box is checked, and that Interleave Audio Every is set to ms instead of frames.
10. On that same screen which is Audio>Interleaving..., at the bottom there is the Audio skew correction where you use positive values (200) if the audio is playing too early, and negative values (-200) if the audio is playing too late. Use hundreds to actually hear a difference.
11. Try not to change the video Compression from Uncompressed RGB/YCbCr since that is the audio format required when converting it to .pmf.
Now move on to the normal Step 11.
OPTIONAL- To add you own audio using VirtualDub.
*Your audio needs to be in WAV format.
After Step 10, go to Audio and choose WAV Audio... and select your Wav file.
Now move on to the normal Step 11.
11. Go to File then you can either select Save as AVI or as Save old format aAVI.
The only difference I noticed was the old format AVI is 3 times smaller than the normal AVI.
12. The output of either option will give you a PC or UmdStream Composer compatible AVI video.
Modified Sony's official gameboot
Modified Bloody Claws