Help Installing POPS
The instructions say:
"- Using the latest psardumper mod from team c+d, extract the firmware you desire using the "Decrypt all" function (press square) (this is important, because of changes of keys, previous firmwares modules may not work encrypted)."
I looked up psardumper and downloaded it..but i have no idea how to use it/install it (i'm guessing u put it in the game folder, but theres other stuff in the zip file)...or what it does. Can anyone elaborate on any of it and tell me how to use it? thanks, any info would be great (i'm slowly gettin this stuff :-P) The read-mes were sort of lacking for my basic understanding :-P
yeah u stick it in the game folder
then stick psar in the root of ur memstick
and run it
the dump will apear in the root of ur memstick
but what does that have to do with pops?
well, i'm trying to install the "pops loader/plugin 3.00-3.11", and this is what it said i needed to do in the readme. Maybe i've misread something. I'll paste the read-me with its entirety:
This plugin enables 3.10 OE and higher, to load every pops from 3.00 to 3.11
- Copy seplugins to the root of your memory stick.
- Using the latest psardumper mod from team c+d, extract the firmware you desire using the "Decrypt all" function (press square) (this is important, because of changes of keys, previous firmwares modules may not work encrypted).
- Locate these modules in the FO/kd folder: meaudio.prx, pops.prx and popsman.prx (Note: in 3.10 and higher, meaudio.prx doesn't exist, so you don't need to locate it).
Copy the prx's to the directory /seplugins/popsloader with the following names:
* 3.00: meaudio300.prx, popsman300.prx, pops300.prx
* 3.01: meaudio301.prx, popsman301.prx, pops301.prx
* 3.11: popsman311.prx, pops311.prx
- Enter in recovery menu, and enable popsloader.prx plugin.
- The first time you run a game with the plugin enabled, it will ask you which pops to use. After that, it will save the configuration so the next times that game is loaded, it will use the same pops. If anytime you want to change the configuration, press R while booting the game, during the warning screen.
nvm, found the info on a diff site.
yes it'll be safe to decrypt it. The only changes between 3.10 and 3.11 was the POPS. All versions of POPS will work in 3.10 OE with POPSLoader
Here's a link for the popsloader plugin with all the meaudio popsman and pops files for all the firmwares in it. That way, you don't have to decrypt all the firmwares.